600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Resistor Question / Super Fast Blinking problem .???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resistor Question / Super Fast Blinking problem .???

Heres an UPdate...

06 CBR 600RR...

GOT the flush mount turn signals w/ resistors on them... got the integrated tail lights on w/ no resistor on the...

ALL lights light up like they should..but all are still blink'n HELLA crazy FAST.. sooo fast that they look like a steady amber light.....

SHOULD I put resistors on all the signals.... if SO,
where should I get them, because I went to radio shack n they didnt have any that I needed...

Thanks, !!

Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Integrated Tail lights ?

Are the hotbodies led lights? If so then I'm guessin the blinking and blowing fuses are caused by the led lights drawing too much power. Led's are super low resistance and when in circuit require a resistor to cut the flow of electricity. If you've ever tried to hook up an LED directly to a battery it flashes and then won't work again because it drew so much power it burnt itself out. The CA taillight should have come with resistors to wire into the circuit which will slow down the blink and should stop the fuses from blowing. As far as replacing the fuses, NEVER replace a fuse with one that's higher amperage. The fuse value is there for a reason and putting in one of higher amperage could cause the wires to fry, or even worse you could have a barbeque on your hands.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:49 PM

Im not 2 positive on the flush mounts bein led... but there just the clear ones for my bike.. I mean, those worked fine... b4 I even started working on my tail lights...

HOW ever the tail lights DID come w/ resistors and I connected those but the speed of the flashing signals did not change....

I'm still confused...

Old 06-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Retired Super Moderator

I'd try runnin the fronts WITHOUT resistors, and leaving the 2 resistors on the taillight. However, make sure that they're connected correctly, the resistors don't simply hook up in line, but must be bridged between the hot and ground to work.

-Adam

Old 06-30-2006, 08:48 PM

I am using a CA integrated taillight. I don't use the resistors and they seem ok. They don't blick really fast, but faster then stock. I still have stock fronts, but I wouldn't expect any interference between the two.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Default RE: Resistor Question / Super Fast Blinking problem .???

Try these http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/FL...sher_relay.htm They worked great for my RC. They do not relay on a load resistance, it is all solid state. Hope this helps!

Old 07-04-2006, 12:51 PM

I have hotbodies up front with no resistors. My clear alternatives tail light has 2x 30ohm (1 each side obviously) resistors on it. It blinks faster than normal,but i like it that way. If you have any more questions just ask.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:57 AM

Don't screw with the resistors. It's not worth the time or effort. Get a replacement flasher relay as was suggested above. This will EASILY resolve any current or future fast flashing problems.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: SP2Flip

Try these http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/FL...sher_relay.htm They worked great for my RC. They do not relay on a load resistance, it is all solid state. Hope this helps!
the compatibility chart on that page doesn't show a 600rr, but does show the 1000rr. will this work with the 600?

Old 07-05-2006, 01:53 PM
JMO

ORIGINAL: duck0872

Are the hotbodies led lights? If so then I'm guessin the blinking and blowing fuses are caused by the led lights drawing too much power. Led's are super low resistance and when in circuit require a resistor to cut the flow of electricity. If you've ever tried to hook up an LED directly to a battery it flashes and then won't work again because it drew so much power it burnt itself out. The CA taillight should have come with resistors to wire into the circuit which will slow down the blink and should stop the fuses from blowing. As far as replacing the fuses, NEVER replace a fuse with one that's higher amperage. The fuse value is there for a reason and putting in one of higher amperage could cause the wires to fry, or even worse you could have a barbeque on your hands.

Think its the opposite...the LED's dont pull enough power...so they blink fast, which is why you would use resitors or a relay

Quick Reply: Resistor Question / Super Fast Blinking problem .???