600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Red Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Red Tires??

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: My02CBRF4i

My friend had a green one on the front of his ZX9R one of you ride wheelie next to him for i 1/2 miles and then call him a poser
Being a poser goes way beyond popping a 1/2 mile wheelie...there are many dimensions to being a poser
Like these winners...

http://www.icyhotstunta.com/

Old 07-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: My02CBRF4i

My friend had a green one on the front of his ZX9R one of you ride wheelie next to him for i 1/2 miles and then call him a poser
Being a poser goes way beyond popping a 1/2 mile wheelie...there are many dimensions to being a poser
How bout a squid?

Those tires are garbage.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THEY ARE THE CRAPPY TAMAHAWK TIRES EH?
SAW SOMEONE ON THE HIGHWAY WITH ONE, OF COURSE NO GEAR AND RIDING LIKE A SQUID...THE TIRE...LOOKS LIKE IF YOU HAD SOME COLORED SHOES AND RAN OVER ****!

MADE OF LIKE AIRCRAFT TIRE RETREADS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:16 PM

all of what you hear is true. they are crap. their sales pitch is that they are made of aircraft quality rubbber, which is verry true. but what they dont tell you is that aircraft tires are an extreemely hard compound designed to be able to withstand dozens of landings from over 250-300 mph. so if you plan on cornering with them THINK AGAIN. but iff all you want to do is go strait and do cool collered burn outs all the time then go right ahead.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Fox
Banned

I love how aluminum, steel, rubber, latex, cereal are compared to the "aircraft quality" versions. It's such a marketing ploy.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:45 PM

Why is it that doing anything radical and "not of the norm" Is considered posing or squidlike. So some people like to be different and some people like to have a little more fun and show off a bit. If you cant show your skills to people than you are only showing them to the trees and open rode. What fun is that? And I know theres going to be someone preaching about how its dangerous to do anything in town or fly around an on ramp. I myself ride pretty damn safe but I do occasionally want to ride a wheelie for some people and my bike looks no where near normal. I always call it the "Frankenstien Bike" No one around here ever calls me a poser or a squid. They just think I have pretty good skills in handling a bike and that my bike looks Radical.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:40 PM

i also dont mind a little showing off, to each his own, but on the topic of the post (RED TIRES) they are fine if all you want to do is smoke em' off and look cool, i just wouldn't be doing anny cornering with them. they might look a little more atractive of they costed 50-70$ thats about all there worth.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 AM

sry guys i havnt been able to read half these posts..im still laughin to damn hard from those poser ****! ILMAO!

Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 AM

i really hope they get my email..it was to temptin to write them

Old 07-09-2006, 11:39 AM

i was unfortunate enough to get a bike with one already on it, the bike was just sitting so he put it on to lay around in a showroom....black tomahawk....it is crap...feels like it has butter on it if you are in the twisties at any kind of speed....i'm trying to make it until winter before i tear my 900 down and give it some tlc(tires, clutch, fork seals, clean up paint chips, paint rims gloss black)...i do not recommend anyone buy this tire...if you want a good stunt tire i heard that those shinko buns are pretty flat and slick...me personally...i'll stick to the curvy country roads....

Quick Reply: Red Tires??