600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

red led third eye

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default red led third eye

Saw these mentioned on someone elses post. I googled them but came up with some weird non-relevant results. Anyone know where i can find these for an 08 600rr?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: red led third eye

Talk to Tripage....great service, great guy, knows his stuff. Absolutely will come away 110% satisfied...great products

Here's his website: http://www.tripageled.com/main.html

Old 02-16-2008, 10:42 PM

I ordered the red third eye through tripageled.com and works great, looks even better. Easy install, unplug the old bulb and plug in the new leds. good to go

Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 PM

just be careful i got a fatty ticket $275 in Arkansas b/c it is illegal for the public to have "any" red or blue lights on exterior of the vehicle. to make sure people dont act like police officers ect...

Old 02-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Yep. Any red facing light is "impersonating an emergency vehicle" and can carry a hefty fine. Any other color is fine though. Not to mention, they really don't enforce crap in NM (well, Las Cruces anyway). I remember when I was in high school, I have blue (and i mean dark BLUE) turn signals for about 2 years. Even had cops directly across the intersection from me and was never pulled over nor hassled for it. Just depends on where you live really.

I just want ones to match my HID's (so, regular white LED's, not the new "warm" white LED's Honda uses)

Old 02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

just be careful i got a fatty ticket $275 in Arkansas b/c it is illegal for the public to have "any" red or blue lights on exterior of the vehicle.
I think in FL it is forward facing red/blues as a no no.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:37 AM

In NJ its illegal to have ANY color lights on your vehicle other than white or yellow. Anything else is a distraction... no neons in or outside the car, or under, no purple HID's, no windshield washer LEDs... i think you get my point...

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: 420cbr

Saw these mentioned on someone elses post. I googled them but came up with some weird non-relevant results. Anyone know where i can find these for an 08 600rr?

i cant believe i didnt notice your avatar!!!!

another stoner SOONERS FAN!!!

BOOMER SOONER! how about david godbolds last second 3 yesterday? hahaha.. i have TTech.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Woody6799

In NJ its illegal to have ANY color lights on your vehicle other than white or yellow. Anything else is a distraction... no neons in or outside the car, or under, no purple HID's, no windshield washer LEDs... i think you get my point...
I don't think that's completely true - you can have red facing the rear as well. I also looked at the law and there is some disambiguity with the law, where if you have lights facing downward (ground effects) that can't be seen when looking head on at the vehicle they are supposedly legal. But cops in NJ are almost always jerks and don't know the specific law so better safe than sorry.

Keep the LEDs for parking lots :-)

Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 AM

In Oklahoma, you can have ANY color you want, as long as it cannot be seen from either the front, or the rear. From the side is fine. Now... how that's "interpreted", I'm sure, will be based on the mood of the cop that day. However, green, white, and yellow are fine from any side. Red is fine from the rear.