600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Pulled the trigger on new toys! Laser/Joe Rocket/PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger on new toys! Laser/Joe Rocket/PCIII

So I decided to get some new toys for the spring... here's what I got...

Got everything installed last night and took several pictures, I'll post a "how to" on the PCIII install later when I get the motivation. I should advise anyone that wants a Laser Exhaust for an 07... there instructions aren't very helpful (And by that I mean, they don't give you instructions... only a picture of the parts and you can get a general idea of how it's supposed to work), so I wouldn't try to do it unless you've got a degree of mechanical aptitude. I'd post a how-to, but I was getting "in the zone" and didn't take a bunch of pictures of the exhaust install portion. If anybody has questions they can feel free to PM me.

Hell, even the "canister" of the exhaust is "some assembly required"! (This isn't showing the hardware, heat shielding material, or the "race" inserts, which I didn't use... the "road" silencers are shown in this picture)

Old 03-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Default RE: Pulled the trigger on new toys! Laser/Joe Rocket/PCIII

I hate you....................Simple as that

Old 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

I hate you....................Simple as that
Remind me to leave you under the bike next time!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Wait...so the headers and the baffle kinda switch positions?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 AM

No the baffle is in that round looking thing, and there are 3 pipes that come outta that..

Old 03-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Nah... it's a slip-on only. Each box contains one of the "tips" of the exhaust. There's small conical inserts to make it the "race" or "street" baffle/audio level. I chose the street, which isn't super loud (about 3-5db's quieter if you are to believe the paperwork). The tips fit on the collector, inside each "tip"... so you can change them out without removing the full exhaust if you want.

Here's a picture of the 2 inserts (from the paper they sent with it). If you look at the exhaust picture I have, you can see the 3 "Street" baffles already installed on the collector.

And here's a picture of the exhaust mid-evening while I was still installing stuffs...

Old 03-14-2008, 12:41 PM

i have the same jacket just white..

i dont think i will be doing any preformance mods untill the warranty is bye bye on my bike.

looks good though.. how does the exaust sound?

Old 03-14-2008, 02:14 PM

I double checked with my local honda dealer to make sure it wouldn't void my warranty... it's also why I didn't go with the full exhaust (since that could cause issues since you have to remove the exhaust valve and your up there by the engine and such) and I made sure that the Power Commander wouldn't void the warranty either.

The exhaust, with the street baffles, isn't real loud (but louder than stock... I don't like really loud exhausts). It's got a very deep, rich sound... I can't compare it to anything I've ever head as of yet (yoshi, D&D, Akrapovich, etc)... but it sounds really good. The 3 pipes really make the sound "full" with the trio of tones. Sometime when I've got a bunch more time on my hands, I'll put the race baffles in and see how different they sound. I'm really liking it!

Old 03-14-2008, 05:11 PM

manthose tripslooks sweet!!!!!!!!! i put a laser on my 06 --double pipes--they dont make trips for the 06 (bastards!). and i agree the lack of instructions with the pipe made installation a bit longer than expected. i left the inserts out and its loud but not ridiculous. sweet trips!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 PM

c

[IMG]local://upfiles/14075/C1502AEB1625437F9C7690513E21421E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on new toys! Laser/Joe Rocket/PCIII