600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power

Hey guys Looking for your input

I wanted to have more power on my 06 cbr600rr w/ 12k miles on it.
Current mods on the bike are just the Jardine slipon and -1 down sprockets. I was looking to get 130+ whp, the shop i go to is trying to talk me into a liter bike but i dont want that at this point in time. So he suggested a 25 shot of nitrous w/ the zex kit and tunning w/ the power commander. I was just wonder if you guys had a list to build up the bike 1 piece at a time and what is neccessary to be safe. Like is the stock fuel system ok and air filter do i need to get the block and head built etc.
Thanks for your input and let the people start flaming....

Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Default RE: Power

MMM more power! Easy answer to your question 1k RR thats what they are their for, You can get those horse's outta our 600, but for more work than they are worth and the price of a bike. The sprocket doesnt add HP just a torque feeling... As for nitrous it is fun to play with, but be careful and remember add fuel. Someone with a little more experience on tuning our 600's needs to help this guy out..

Old 05-10-2007, 03:11 PM

"the shop i go to is trying to talk me into a liter bike but i dont want that at this point in time."

I am pretty sure i said i dont want a liter bike in that phrase in refrence to 1000cc would be out of the question and as far as tunning i stated they would tune it w/ the power commander i would purchase. As far as the sprocket i understand that it does not give me more power and never stated it did was just telling you things that are not stock atm. But thanks for telling me things i all rdy know and said in the first post.
PS i never said it was cheap but i am pretty sure i can get 130hp w/ tune and spray...but i am still looking on going farther then that by building the motor but thats far from now unless it blows then it might come sooner....Credit card ftw interest rate ftl =/

Old 05-10-2007, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: masblaster

"the shop i go to is trying to talk me into a liter bike but i dont want that at this point in time."

I am pretty sure i said i dont want a liter bike in that phrase in refrence to 1000cc would be out of the question and as far as tunning i stated they would tune it w/ the power commander i would purchase. As far as the sprocket i understand that it does not give me more power and never stated it did was just telling you things that are not stock atm. But thanks for telling me things i all rdy know and said in the first post.
PS i never said it was cheap but i am pretty sure i can get 130hp w/ tune and spray...but i am still looking on going farther then that by building the motor but thats far from now unless it blows then it might come sooner....Credit card ftw interest rate ftl =/
i like to tell people the obvious for obvious reasons...What are your plans for your 600 are you drag racing it or is the performance upgrades just there for looks? And for telling you to get a 1k i saw that, but i feltlike stating it over again you know just because... As for cheap what isnt cheap now adays. No offence

Old 05-10-2007, 03:51 PM

LoL i understand people keep telling me to get a 1k or more but i just want a quick 600 and i have raced people w/ an 06 cbr1000 and it does not pull at all until 3rd gear then it got a car or 2 at most up to 130 or 140 idont remeber for sure b/c it was last year. I just want my 600 to feel strong longer. First gear to me is the only gear that can do that 2nd to 5th dont seem to pull and 6th is just there for highway cruising b/c i think i get 2 more mph out of it. But yes you are right a 1000 is a much better and easier to mod and since i like driving fast on the highway serves a much better purpose then a 600.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:58 PM

See now i understand your viewpoint i agree 5th and 6th dont pull much..Possibly regear?

Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM

what gear your bike is in is just a ratio, the only reasonthe higher gears don't "pull" like lower gears is because with more speed comes more aerodynamic drag so it takes more force to accelerate, no matter how much power you add to your bike, it will still seem to accelerate better in the lower gears, its that whole "physics" thing...
if a 1000RR doesn't "pull" until 3rd gear, the rider wasn't twisting the throttle in the first two...
if you just want to put a lot of $ into a 600, get a full system exhaust, PC3R, and have it custom mapped, that should burn up a couple grand real quick

my advice would be to do a trackday or school and actually learn something...

Old 05-10-2007, 07:05 PM

I learn something new everyday

Old 05-10-2007, 08:53 PM

you want 130whp... if you think you can handle that, just buy a 1KRR and you'll get it! or find out how the big boys in the AMA run'em and mod accordingly.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:50 PM

On my bike i have 135hp right now or around there. Like they said sprockets dont give u hp but hell of torche. u go down on both sprockets cause i suggest going 2 up on the back 1 down in front. Power Commander, and the air filter are a need to get your gain that u want. The headers you can polish but i think the limit u can bore them out is like .10 .. It will make a 6-10 hp gain. You got the custom exhaust but if you want more out of the exhaust go full. it'll add 10-15hp depending on the system. Myself personally I wounldnt do the nos. I'm crazy but I dont think Id wanna do that. And if your really serious try to lose some weight on the bike. Get a full fiber glass or something of that simular body. You'll lose 5-6 lbs on it plus alot of them come unpainted and you can do your own design

Quick Reply: Power