600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

PC III questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC III questions

ok, so today i'm puting in my PC and i feel really stupid not understanding a few things. i understand how to put it on, and kinda of understand the map stuff. i'm going to load one of the maps from there website that is for the particular exhaust i have recently put on. i get that if i want it to go back to stock i should install the zero map. but my real question is what are the deals with the 3 buttons on the PC III. are those only for when you get a custom map? do you ever push them to get a different trim setting? i'm talking about the low,mid, and high buttons. also, is there anything i need to know about the fuel marks on the left side? i'm so confused. thanks for your help.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Default RE: PC III questions

The 3 buttons are for mapping the bike without a computer. It makes "blanket" adjustments to richen or lean out the low, mid, and high rev range. I'm fairly certain the pdf manual that comes with the PCIII on the CD (or you can download it on dynojet's website), gives you the information you need on using them. Frankly... I wouldn't mess with them much, they are not nearly as precise as you get with making modifications via the computer... but it might be fun to mess with them in a pinch.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:31 PM

Double post!

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Retired Administrator

DOUBLE POSTING!!!! go to your corner and wait for your beating.

I have a buddy that would play around with the buttons some. Read the book, but you have to hold a couple of buttons when you turn the bike on and it puts it in program mode. Then you can bump up the mid if you see fit... and so on.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 PM

thank you for your replies. i did read the instructions it came with and then thats where all the questions started from. i thought you just load a map up and then your done. i would have no idea what to do with the adjustment buttons. i was thinking it was similar to my father -in-laws programmer he has on his diesel rig. he can just on the fly adjust stuff to make more power while he is driving. must be with his turbo or something, i'm not totally sure. anyway, i think after i load my program i am going to use, i'll just leave it alone. i feel like if i touch and mess with those buttons i may do more damage then good. i'll leave that stuff to the custom tuner guys, someday. thanks again.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Wolfman707

thank you for your replies. i did read the instructions it came with and then thats where all the questions started from. i thought you just load a map up and then your done. i would have no idea what to do with the adjustment buttons. i was thinking it was similar to my father -in-laws programmer he has on his diesel rig. he can just on the fly adjust stuff to make more power while he is driving. must be with his turbo or something, i'm not totally sure. anyway, i think after i load my program i am going to use, i'll just leave it alone. i feel like if i touch and mess with those buttons i may do more damage then good. i'll leave that stuff to the custom tuner guys, someday. thanks again.
Haha, yeah, you'll be fine. There's a few tutorial video's on the CD, I reccomend you watch them. It'll give you more information and explain a bunch (like comparing maps). Like I said, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.