600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

new mods with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mods with pics!

hey ya'll im new to this forum but i just got done doing alot of modifications to my 2003 600rr. I installed a set of cbr racing grips, a sport tech flame/chrome series windscreen, k&n air filter, dynojet pcIII usb power commander, stainless steel yoshimura rs5 full racing exhaust, an custom mounting bracket to pull the exhaust up higher than the stock yoshimura bracket they provided(you can see the difference in the pics, it really cleans up the tail!), a custom license plate mounting bracket i made, a ufo integrated turn signal kit, night stalker fx red orange leds and custom grills i made for the tail section.. im new to this forum so let me know what you think of my pics!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/541775987JdLIXP

Old 01-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: new mods with pics!

Pictures look great... I have a few of questions:

1. What did you do to modify the exhaust mount and raise it?

2. What did you use for your license plate bracket and do you have a plate light?

3. How many bikes can you fit in one garage, I counted four at one time?

4. Are those cylinders Nitrox, kind of looks like a green label in the pics?

Thanks in advance. I have the RS5 Carbon Cone slip-on on order and would like to use some of your modifications when I mount it. You tail looks very nice, and yes... I'm talking about the bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1936/34A4C862F98742088416E84427DC6384.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Muz

Nice looking bike. What is the diving like in the states?

Old 01-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: Muz

Nice looking bike. What is the diving like in the states?
Wow... hard question to answer. Each state is different and roads vary a lot. I live in a heavily populated area with tons of interstate/highways. Sounds boring to most... but they're not using their imagination. The holy grail of my day is catching a few of my off ramps empty. We have a lot of clover leaf designs and if you catch it empty... sweet leaning. For those of you that do not know what I mean by clover leaf, it's where the off ramps and on ramps are both one big circle so when you look at the highway from above and you have two major highways crossing, it looks like a four leaf clover. If you hit the off ramp and it's empty you can do a complete 360 degree turn and be back come back up to where you started to exit. You do have to look out for debris and other cars merging... so they are difficult to hit just right. That's why I call them my holy grails of the day.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Muz

Oppps... you misunderstood me. You mentioned the nitrox bottles and I was wondering what the scuba diving was like. But thats a hard question to as the US borders alot of ocean

Old 01-12-2006, 10:16 AM

Nice looking bike

Old 01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Retired Administrator

Oppps... you misunderstood me. You mentioned the nitrox bottles and I was wondering what the scuba diving was like. But thats a hard question to as the US borders alot of ocean
[/quote]

opps... my bad. I'm use to typos on here and didn't even think about diving. It's great. You have to remember, the states own a lot of vacation spots. I've done a lot of bottom time in all three Virgin Islands. I love night dives and wrecks so I can dive anywhere and be happy as long as I'm wet. Get you mind out of the gutter... as long as I'm wet means I don't do dry suit diving. Cold sucks. I have also made dives in Greece, Italy, Israel, Cyprus and Spain. I think one of my favorites was diving the Zen off the coast of Cyprus. The dive master let me and my buddies have free range on penetration since I'm a dive master as well.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:49 PM

Pictures look great... I have a few of questions:

1. What did you do to modify the exhaust mount and raise it?

i took the mount yoshimura provided and trimmed it with the same curve that already existed to the bottom of the existing hole they drilled.(this is my approx measurement for your sake do a little measuring of your own to find out exactly how far you can stretch it) i got this measurement by pulling up on the exhaust pipe gently till i got the height i wanted, without stressing the pipe. then all you do is make your measurements cut the bracket and drill a new hole.. a fairly simple mod to compleatly change the way the bike looks.

2. What did you use for your license plate bracket and do you have a plate light?
i used a stainless steel sheet that was the size of the licenseplate exactly width wise, and the length of the license plate + width of the band(the yoshimura pipe mounting bracket) + abt a 1/8 of an inch. you trim the excess on top of the license plate off leaving an inch wide strip right in the middle. bend the strip an 1/8 of an inch from the end to hold it in place on the yosh bracket. then bend the strip at the very top of the license plate to the angle you so desire. pretty sweet because it looks like the plate is just floating there. ohh and for the license plate light im just a rebel, i was going to install these led mounting bolts to illuminate it but then i decided i really dont care that much, and i havent been pulled over for it yet.. they do sell these pretty sweet bolts that look like finishing nuts but are little leds if your really worried about it.. i couldnt find the exact pair i was talking about but something like this will get the job done real good if your worried about it.. http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/TARGA_LED_...E_BOLT_SET.htm find em in white and ur in business

3. How many bikes can you fit in one garage, I counted four at one time? we can actually fit six but it doesnt leave much room for working on them.. we are in the process of making a new shed to hold our 2 quads and dirtbikes, which can also function as a place to store the other bikes when we need to work on one

4. Are those cylinders Nitrox, kind of looks like a green label in the pics? yes sir, some are nitrox, others aluminum 80's for putzing around the lakes and what not.. my father also has a dreger rebreather semi closed circuit witch is not shown in the pic, but is a pretty sweet diving tool

Thanks in advance. I have the RS5 Carbon Cone slip-on on order and would like to use some of your modifications when I mount it. You tail looks very nice, and yes... I'm talking about the bike.

ohh and the divin in the states is pretty sweet.. if of course you enjoy not being able to see anything and barely ever divin without a dry suit.. which is right up my alley! i put a pic of silly template for license plate bracket in here because it might be hard to imagine what the f im talkin about..

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=JdLIXP

[IMG]local://upfiles/4260/A631F8849FE044C096331307DA6156E2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 PM

hey check it out i found bolts that would be just what the doctor ordered.... they are all the way at the bottom but the other lights are sweet too.. just more expensive http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...nce_plates.htm
i am a stickler for making stuff look neat so you could easliy tuck the wires from these leds up through the yosh bracket inside that fancy rubber protector it has to the top of the exhaust and right under your seat.. pretty sweet idea to keep it legal neat and without bending the crap out of your existing bike hooks let me know what you think of the idea cuz i can work with ya to think of something better if you dont like.. this is just one of the cheapest neatest solutions i can think of at the moment.. get back to me

Old 01-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Retired Administrator

Sweet... thanks for all your answers. I was thinking about mounting my plate like that. I don't have the slip-on yet, so of course I have to wait until I see to spec one out. Your drawling is exactly what I was thinking about doing. One catch... In VA the gestapo and as well as OH will want to see the plate light. I could give a rats tooth about it myself. In the day light you can see it and at night the cops have head lights right... so what's the deal? I would rather not give them any excuses to stop me. With you way of mounting... would there be any way to run wires for the light and mot melt to the exhaust? I have the carbon fiber one on order so mine should run a lot cooler.

And for the diving... In Ohio... well, we go over to West Virginia, but we have lakes with 20' vis and better at times. We have one lake called Mount Storm that has an electric power plant next to it. They pipe water from the lake though the plant to cool things off then shoot the water back into the lake. Stays in the 90's year round. Very sweet. Summersville lake is our favorite... huge lake that goes on for miles and is 400' deep. It's the lake the feeds the New River if any of you are white water rafters type. Very famous lake and river. But diving is what you make of it...

Quick Reply: new mods with pics!