600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Need help picking body kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help picking body kit

Well I looked my bike over today and it looks like the forks are fine after the accident so all I really need is new plastics. I was thinking of going OEM but I figured I could get an aftermarket kit a lot cheaper. I looked at different bodies and can't decide on which. Of course I'm looking at Sharkskinz and Cheetah. I was going to make it a track bike and go with the racing kit but I decided to get the street kit instead. I looked on eBay and came across Pit-Eck. Their kits are half the price of Sharkskinz and Cheetah but I am not sure on their quality. I also checked out hardracing.com and came across the Catalyst Composite street kits. Can I get some love/help here? If you have any experience with any of these kits please lay it on me.

Thanks

Old 10-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Default RE: Need help picking body kit

hey bro. im shopping around for some too. i saw a kit that replaces your upper and lower cowel with one piece!!! great idea. less pieces to worry about. just my advice. any some swingarm sliders. cheap and effective. swingarms cost an arm and a leg. just my opinion brother.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:44 PM

SHARK SKINS....best fitting!!!! Hot bodies blows...Cheetas are ok. Some one down in San Diego is making fiber glass body kits. Not sure about quality. But you can find them on Ebay. Also, in 'two wheel tuner' magazine, I saw an add for CARBON fiber body kits. Might want to check them out as well. Good luck.

Also, alot of hits don't have the pilot holes for the hard ware, you have to make them your self. I would go with Quick discontect fasteners. Like they use on Air Craft...I know ducatis come with them. Can get them for any bike. I think they are the bomb for working on the bike. Take the farings off fast. My 2 cents.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:33 AM

I've seen & used a few... and I'd rate the ones I have personal exrpericence with like this

What I'd use and the order I'd use them in:
Armour Bodies
Shark Skinz
Catalyst Composite
GP Composites (Morse racing)

And the one's I'd run away from:
Cheeta
Godfather (out of business now)
hot bodies