600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Need help with mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with mods

I have a 2006 CBR 600 RR on its way and I would like to hear some suggestions on the first few mods I should do. What and why would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Default RE: Need help with mods

fender eliminator and flush mount turn signals should be the first, in my opinion.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:54 PM

+1 on both of those. other than that, gear is good, and so is a tank protecter pad. If you are wanting more power and bigger upgrades. Slip-on exhaust, Power commander, etc. Those are good places to start.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Matthew52303

I have a 2006 CBR 600 RR on its way and I would like to hear some suggestions on the first few mods I should do. What and why would be greatly appreciated.

Mat is this your first bike?
Just asking if it is I'd put a puig double bubble race screen ease some helmet shake and a dampner depending on much money you have to play w/ to help incase of a slap. Scotts is probably the best but you could throw a hyperpro on there if your strapped. Like drumpro80 said gear is good!

Old 03-19-2006, 08:42 PM

Don't spend any money on mods until you have a full set of real deal riding gear. Get a good helmet, boots, gloves, a solid jacket, and maybe even some hard core riding pants. Once you've got this squared away, then look at some mods.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Retired Mod

i would start with a power commander. and find a good performance shop and have them set your suspension for your weight and riding style.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

i would start with a power commander. and find a good performance shop and have them set your suspension for your weight and riding style.
first mod I would do and is FREE....the owners manual will walk you through how to adjust...

then make sure have your riding gear

after that let us know if want to mods out looks or performance first.............................

tons of great sponsors on here also to get your stuff cheap!!

Old 03-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Retired Administrator

no one answered the why part....

The owner’s manual is a great start. The flush mounts and fender elimination will save the plastic when you drop it. It's a great look and also saves money. Frame sliders are GREAT!!! Saved me twice so far. Hold off on the performance mods until you learn the bike. That way you know what you did. If you dump a ton of money and time into performance mods at the beginning, you never really know how much you improve the bike.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

no one answered the why part....

The owner’s manual is a great start. The flush mounts and fender elimination will save the plastic when you drop it. It's a great look and also saves money. Frame sliders are GREAT!!! Saved me twice so far. Hold off on the performance mods until you learn the bike. That way you know what you did. If you dump a ton of money and time into performance mods at the beginning, you never really know how much you improve the bike.

hes rite, plus the frame sliders will deff help the bike if you drop it, and its a great feeling from going from a stock bike and feeling the extra power of putting one part on at a time. make sure you buy a good helmet and jacket first tho.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 PM

I went with fender eliminator and flush front blinkers. Then did the exhaust and other cosmetic stuff. I read my manual front to back the first day I got my bike. It was worth the time.

Quick Reply: Need help with mods