600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

MIRRORS...or...NOT

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIRRORS...or...NOT

I just wanna hear wat everyone has to say about the removal of the mirrors on a bike...ive seen alotta people remove their mirrors and put block off plates. i mean yeah it looks better but id rather have 'em on the bike so i can have a better visual behind me. but thats just me...

so wat do ya guys think?

Old 09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Default RE: MIRRORS...or...NOT

Mirrors will save you *** if you use them. If not they are useless.

Removing the mirrors will give police another reason to stop you.

IMHO it's kinna "poserish" if you don't race. I pulled the stock mirrors and put Carbon Fiber Chicane mirrors on. 100x improvement in looks, won't get snapped in a lowside and I can still see stuff being me when I am changing lanes or at a stop. I still do a head check before I change lanes though.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:33 PM

I like the mirrors. I wouldn't want to be without that added visibility. A buddy of mine got a set of bicycle bar end mirrors and mounted them on the ends of his clipons. I've seen others do that to. Gets rid of the big rabbit ears but still gives good visibility (so he said).

Just my opinion.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned

Keep you mirrors, if your arms/shoulders are too wide and block their view, just look through your underarm, that works for me.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:58 PM

After being rearended on my first bike, I wouldn't pull the mirrors off. I always look to see how close someone is before making right turns. I rode a friends R1 that didn't have mirrors and it didn't make for a relaxing ride, felt like I needed to look over my shoulder every few seconds to make sure no one was too close.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get why people take them off. Yeah, it might look cleaner to some people (I don't think so though). but the mirrors are on there for a reason. It makes just as much sense to take the mirrors off a car as it does to take them off a bike.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:11 PM

When i got my bike it didn't have any mirrors on, i also don't understand why people take them off in the first place? Looks good but not very practicle! [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 09-24-2006, 10:57 PM

My mirrors don't do much for me, so I was considering removing them, or finding ones with slightly longer stalks. I get great views of my elbows and not much else.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Retired Moderator

I use my mirrors constantly. Sometimes I have to maneuver a little to see everything, but who cares? Just one of the small steps one can take to be safe...simple equation.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:33 PM

imo your mirrors are just as important as your helmet. they can most definitely save your a$$. i'm constantly scanning mine when slowing down

Quick Reply: MIRRORS...or...NOT