600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Luimoto Seat covers - Unboxing and Install...(a LOT of Pics - 56k death)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luimoto Seat covers - Unboxing and Install...(a LOT of Pics - 56k death)

sooo...I saw a pic of Luimoto seat covers and thought they looked awesome and would do a lot to spruce up the seating area. I have to agree with some of the things I have read suggesting that the seat is a majorly overlooked modification area and can either bring down the look of a bike and conversely, really make the bike pop. So I looked around and found their site... http://www.luimoto.com/

After looking at some before and after pics, I was sold. They do most of their sales through ebay via their ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Luimoto. I found the seat design I liked and even though it wasn't made for the f4i (it was a 600rr cover)...I paid an extra $30 to have them custom designed for the f4i seat. The pricing was slightly pricey...if you really want to know I can tell you, but after receiving the product, I am not disappointed, worth every penny. Shipping took awhile mostly because they had a bike show and were gone for a week. They custom designed my covers and I received them today.

I am going to post the install and some before and after photos for everyone. I don't know how detailed I will get with the install seeing as it looks pretty straight-forward but I will take pics as I move along. The covers also came with some instructions that are beyond the typical printed sheet. They are well-done and everything about the company screams professionalism. I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. Stay tuned for the install.

As always with any type of install and product review I write, any questions and/or comments are welcomed...unless they're negative...then shutup!!! j/k

Here are some receiving pictures showing the covers and packaging and whatnot...

Name:  385dd74b.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  58.1 KB

The box actually sort of shocked me...very professional looking...from an ebay store...lol...

Name:  2f4026b5.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  54.6 KB

This is the rear cover...(i got both front and rear)

Name:  973b2a7c.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  52.8 KB

Including is a grab strap so it matches...

Name:  3e079899.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  63.7 KB

both seats have the luimoto logo stitched on...sort of cool IMO...

Name:  c655dfd0.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  46.9 KB

front seat cover with the custom design

Name:  1b1b233e.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  a1740817.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  55.8 KB

wing close up

Name:  b7f20a98.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  46.6 KB

back view

Name:  d529a5e0.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  72.5 KB

front view

Name:  6617352e.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  50.6 KB

they have different materials for the covers, I went with carbon fiber look...here'sa closeup of the texture and stitching...top notch in my opinion...

Name:  7d28a24d.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  39.6 KB

I forgot to take a picture of the underside of the front seat cover but it is made specifically for the f4i and has flaps to bend around the seat pan and for areas to staple....

well..there you have it..the unboxing....coming this weekend, I will post the install...like i said..please, any questions or comments...let me know...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Default RE: Luimoto Seat covers - Unboxing and Install...(a LOT of Pics - 56k death)

I have heard of some people changing out the foam on thier seats also. Are you planning to do this or just reuse the stock foam?

The covers look good! I just can't justify buying them right now with the budget that I am on. Maybe after I am finished with college...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Luimoto Seat covers - Unboxing and Install...(a LOT of Pics - 56k death)

i am not planning on changing out the foam for two reasons...one the seats don't bother me at all...i am not a huge guy...only 5'9 - 5'10 or so and they feel fine....two...i do want to do track days and i hear that changing the foam may impact how easy it is to slide off the seat when going into a corner....so i am just going to stick with stock...

and yeah they were a little pricey, but it was sort of a bday present to myself so i thought what the hell....definitely something to keep in mind considering how good a quality they are though in the future for someone...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM

looks pretty good.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM

I too have a luimoto seat cover for my bike. I really like it, and it makes the bike stand out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20069/1CCFDCA31A63469AA53D60B8B2525E63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers

i am not planning on changing out the foam for two reasons...one the seats don't bother me at all...i am not a huge guy...only 5'9 - 5'10 or so and they feel fine....two...i do want to do track days and i hear that changing the foam may impact how easy it is to slide off the seat when going into a corner....so i am just going to stick with stock...

and yeah they were a little pricey, but it was sort of a bday present to myself so i thought what the hell....definitely something to keep in mind considering how good a quality they are though in the future for someone...
Trust me when I say you are better off with what you got. I bought cheap ones n regrested it. Grant it I made what I had work n look good. But the luimoto are the shyt when it comes to DIY covers IMO. I had one on my nana seat before I swapped tails.