600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Lowering link advice....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering link advice....

I'm 5'6" and ride an 06 F4i and I was thinking about lowering it about an 1" or so. Right now I just bearly rest the ***** of my feet on the ground and just would like to have better footing when at a stop or backing up. I have found two styles of links but would like to know what is better or if anyone has done this what they used and how they liked it and also if there's a certian brand I should buy. And if not the link how what else could I do to drop it down some?

These are the two different styles I found on ebay:

and

Any recommendations would help.

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Lowering link advice....

I just lowered my 600 f4i. I am around the same height as you are. Had same problem also. I used a diamond powersport dogbone lowering link. (the first pic you have) Vortex makes one also I believe. Made a WORLD of difference. Didn't effect handling much either. Still rides great and takes turns fine. Wasn't that difficult to install either. I used the 1" hole. If you think it would help you out by lowering it, I would go for it. Will keep you safer and won't be as proned to dropping your bike either. You wouldn't think 1" would make that much difference, but it does; at least it did for me. All I can say, is just do what you think will help you out, and if you don't like it you can always go back to stock. Hope everything works out and be safe.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:30 PM

i have the ones on the second pic, you can adjust then anytime they are real easy to install, right now i have then on stock hight but when the wifey uses the bike i lowerd it..

Old 08-03-2006, 01:22 AM

Thanks both for the info. I'm looking to do something in the next few weeks. One question, does the bike need to be completely off the ground to install either one and what's the best way if you don't have a lift? Thanks!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:33 AM

Ratchet strap from the subframe to the garage ceiling.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 PM

Hey. I just lowered my 2002 CBR F4i by 1" using the dog bone style link (like the one you showed). I'm 5'7" and it makes the bike much more comfortable to ride, especially when you're stopped on steep declines or inclines. It also allows for you to have more stability if you are stopped at a light with a passenger. The handling of the bike feels the same to me although, intuitively, it should change somehow. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you are 5'6". One other thing you should note is that, although the link says it will lower the bike by 1", I think they are referring to the hole distance in the dog bone vs. the stock hole distance. However, the bike feels to me like it was lowered more than 1". I was worried that 1" wouldn't make much of a difference, but it definitely does. You will probably be able to get both feet flat or near flat on the ground when stopped.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:17 PM

I used the Dog Bone also.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:36 AM

Just want to say thanks for the advice everyone. Just lowered my ride with the dog bone style link last week. It made a huge difference.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Can you tell me where you found the lowering link on the second pic. I'm looking for something like that for my bike.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 PM

they have both styles on Ebay all the time if your still looking

Quick Reply: Lowering link advice....