600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Looking for advice on Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for advice on Mods.

Frame Sliders, Fork Sliders, Swing Arm Spools,Flush Mounts, +2 rear sprocket, double bubble,pinstriping ...like said before the possiblities are endless.

As for a PC3, its not needed but i will not put another Slip-on or Full Exhaust system on without one.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 AM

remove exhaust shield , defector , passenger pegs , mirrors . and it's gona cost you nothing !

Old 10-19-2008, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: ocxggx6rr

remove exhaust shield , defector , passenger pegs , mirrors . and it's gona cost you nothing !
Don't do that..and what is a defector?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Removing the exhaust shield won't hurt anything

Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: jonld

Leave it like it is. I find the more money you sink into one, the more it hurts when you crash. Sharp Bike.
First off there is nothing wrong with customizing it, just don't over do it. Respect the bike and you won't have to worry so much about crashing it. Plus you can get stuff to protect the bike in the even that something should happen.

ORIGINAL: ocxggx6rr

The exhaust shield is up to you. If you carry passengers regularly, keep the passenger pegs other wise remove them and get a solo seat cowl. And keep the mirrors on.

Now I would recommend replacing the turn signals, windscreen, add some swingarm spools, fork sliders and some frame sliders. And definitely add some pin-striping on the rims.

Turn Signals:
Rizoma Zero 11s. They are top quality, very bright, look great, and give perfect visibility to anyone around you. They are an Italian company so the only place to get them here is from PJ's Parts. They're a little expensive...... but they do their job and you only have to buy them once.

Windscreen:
Puig double height racing screen. I absolutely love mine, great quality and fit for an aftermarket screen. Color is up to you.

Fork Sliders:
Motovation makes a good set of fork sliders for the front and rear. They utilize a through the axle rod that the slider pucks are secured to. It is the strongest possible mounting configuration.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=255

Frame Sliders:
There are so many to choose from, do a search and get something you like. Just don't get the no-cut frame sliders. Sometimes they can cause more damage to the bike than not having them at all.

The possibilities are endless, but then again there is a lot of stuff you really don't need.

Last edited by cobraDC65; 02-11-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cobraDC65

Leave it like it is. I find the more money you sink into one, the more it hurts when you crash. Sharp Bike.
First off there is nothing wrong with customizing it, just don’t over do it. Respect the bike and you won’t have to worry so much about crashing it. Plus you can get stuff to protect the bike in the even that something should happen.
No there is nothing wrong with customizing but there are 2 kinds of riders and I dont think I have to tell you the rest. Plus customizations bring nothing to the value at the bank so makes it difficult to get a good return if you ever decide to sell. I'm just bringing up the things that alot of people dont think about that I've done been through, but hey dont mind me, most the stuff posted are good mods.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM

HID, Sliders all around, windscreen, LEDs all around (integrated taillight), levers, grips, BMC air filter, PC3, solo cowl, rear sets, new rubber, powder coat swingarm/covers, slipper clutch, new brake lines, ohlins damper, pro stacks, clips ons.. so on and soforth..

Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: cobraDC65

First off there is nothing wrong with customizing it, just don’t over do it. Respect the bike and you won’t have to worry so much about crashing it. Plus you can get stuff to protect the bike in the even that something should happen.
No there is nothing wrong with customizing but there are 2 kinds of riders and I dont think I have to tell you the rest. Plus customizations bring nothing to the value at the bank so makes it difficult to get a good return if you ever decide to sell. I'm just bringing up the things that alot of people dont think about that I've done been through, but hey dont mind me, most the stuff posted are good mods.
I understand what you're saying I just think everyone should put a little something into their bike just to make it personal to them regardless if you get a return on it or not. Just adding pin stripping on the rims or an FE kit would be enough and it wouldn't hurt your bank too much.