Advice on some upgrades/mods W/pic

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advice on some upgrades/mods W/pic

This is a picture of my bike taken a few months back. Sorry it is with an old camera so the color does not come out and it is not exactly what my bike looks like now but basically similar.

Mods I Have
1. Rim tape
2. flush mount signals in front
3. Hid headlights (very bright and i love em)
4. Gauge done with new led (bluegauges i would reccomend to all)
5. frame sliders
6. powdercoated swingarm
7. integrated rear taillight
8. seat cowl not shown in pic i just got an oem one and love it
9. exhaust Rs-5
10. tank pad
11. DID chain and sprocket (alot more low tourque love it)

Mods I Want
(please give me suggestions. It is winter soon in illinois and my bike will be stored very soon so I got plenty of time to do some work)

1. windscreen possible (i have stock clear one and am still undecided what to go with)

2. Levers and stuff to add look maby

3. Look at link below i am trying to figure out how to do my lines like this. In the pic he has them orange and i dig the look. Obviously i wouldnt choose this color. let me know if you know where or how to do this. Was hoping i could find a tubing to put around it rather then replacing all lines.

scroll all the way down to end of page
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=145288

Please give all suggestions anything is appreciated. Thanks to all

Old 10-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does look sweet, puig is the only company that makes that color windscreen. When I got mine I couldn't dicide on red or orange. You've done alot of upgrades, if you can post a pic of your cluster gauges I want to do mine. Thanks Johnnyh

Old 10-23-2010, 03:56 PM

I will try to get pic up in the next day or so. it looks great and i would suggest bluegauges.com. Go to there site and look at the different ones you can get. I had mine done how i wanted it and he did everything i asked for. I wanted to keep the same black faceplate. I will post pic soon.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:48 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by danl23880
Mods I Want
(please give me suggestions. It is winter soon in illinois and my bike will be stored very soon so I got plenty of time to do some work)

1. windscreen possible (i have stock clear one and am still undecided what to go with)

3. Look at link below i am trying to figure out how to do my lines like this. In the pic he has them orange and i dig the look. Obviously i wouldnt choose this color. let me know if you know where or how to do this. Was hoping i could find a tubing to put around it rather then replacing all lines.

As far as the windscreen goes I guess I can't be much help cause I am trying to figure out which one I want as well. I know I will only go with a smoked screen cause personally i don't like to color ones. I am just trying to figure out if I want a double bubble or a regular one. I have a DB on my F4i and love it, i just wonder how it will turn out on my RR. If I were you I would go smoked instead of colored.

For the levers I want to get some shorty ones but am not going to pay for ASV cause I hear the Ebay ones look just as good and are durable too so I would look into that.

As far as the brake like I can be of no help. Looks kinda cool but can't say I would do it to mine. Good luck if you choose to do it.

Looks like you already have a ton of mods especially all the big ones.

Last edited by R Dub; 10-23-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:49 PM

This is the gauge i had done through bluegauges. I love it and had them use the stock backplate to keep it somewhat with the stock look. Pic is not the best quality sense i used one from my phone. Let me know what you think.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR MODS ON MY BIKE. CAN YOU TINT A WINDSCREEN I WOULD HAVE IT DONE BY SOMEONE SO IT LOOKS GOOD BUT I HAVENT HERD TO MUCH ON HOW IT WOULD TURN OUT ON THE FIBERGLASS.

ANY AND ALL IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED.

WHAT CAN I DO

Old 10-24-2010, 11:46 PM

Love it, I have to get it done. Thanks Johnnyh

Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by danl23880

Mods I Want

Bike looks great my friend!

1. For the windscreen, I have a chrome style windshield that I love. Not sure what brand it is, but it really doesn't matter to me. Unfortunately I had to trim off some of the bottom to allow it to fit properly.
  2. For levers, I have black shorty Vortex levers. They are the perfect length and style. What year is your bike? I could hook you up with some if you go with those.
  3. The brake lines look cool with the one you provided from that website. What color would you put on your bike? Red? In my opinion I think it's useless lol.
But good luck to ya. Looking forward to see what you end up getting.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM

You should probably throw on a set of black powder coated rear passenger pegs and clutch cover... Which coincidentally, for your bike, I have for sale!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:52 PM

I appreciate the replys. I have looked through alot of windscreens and i like the stock look. I might try to have it professionaly tinted. Bike has about 2 to 3 weeks left before it is done for winter so i got alot of time to think about what i am going to do. I thought about levers and i might do that when i do the lines. I have not yet looked into those yet.

Also send a pic of the coated pegs. I would be interested but I like the stock pegs. Do they look similar. Send some pic if you could.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Keep it coming.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Yeah they are oem pegs and brackets pc'd black.

Name:  100_0333.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  162.4 KB

I would do the levers for sure. I have black CRG roll-a-click shortys with gold adjusters. Not only do they look wicked nice but much better ergonomics as well!

Quick Reply: Advice on some upgrades/mods W/pic