CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   license plate legality (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/license-plate-legality-104741/)

johnnyh 01-14-2010 12:20 AM

You know guys, I just took my exam for state inspection stickers in the state of texas and all it says is that the licence plate has to be lighted with a white light visible at night to 50 feet. I take it that the plate has to be visible but I will ask the dps officer when he comes by. I know motorcycles aren't required signals in texas. Johnny

PlayfulGod 01-14-2010 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by flyingfree9 (Post 873559)
mines like that too! although i just bought it yesterday. i was out today though and seen quite a bit of law, and didnt have any problems, but im not sure if any of them actually took notice. i asked the guy i bought it from if he has had any problems with leo messing with him and he said no, but im pretty sure he didnt have it on there for more then a week before i bought it. i was wondering how the lower part of your plate is held on, he just drilled a hole in the swingarm on mine.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...g/SANY0949.jpg

nope not legal either, but a far cry better than the ops bent around the swingarm (real afro engineering there lol)

flyingfree9 01-14-2010 03:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 873633)
nope not legal either, but a far cry better than the ops bent around the swingarm (real afro engineering there lol)

im not seeing a difference between the two. here is another picture at a different angle
Attachment 58865

TBagr 01-14-2010 11:45 AM

in the state of Florida both are now punishable by a $1000 fine. yes you read that correctly a grand. i suggest you get it mounted properly.

oh and for those of you who wonder, the same improper tag law does not apply to vehicles with more than two wheels. the fine is in the neighborhood of $50.

think they are targeting motorcycles?

PlayfulGod 01-14-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by TBagr (Post 873700)
in the state of Florida both are now punishable by a $1000 fine. yes you read that correctly a grand. i suggest you get it mounted properly.

oh and for those of you who wonder, the same improper tag law does not apply to vehicles with more than two wheels. the fine is in the neighborhood of $50.

think they are targeting motorcycles?

I've never in 41yrs seen anyone try to mount their tag vertically on their cage lol.

And yea that angle the tag doesnt look as bad as it appears in the front. May just be me, I've never been into bending up my tags to mount em, just makes it look like shyt IMO. But still LEO's will give you a hard time over mounting the tag that way. Some maybe nicer about than others, some may overlook it even. But eventually you will get a big ass ticket n then you will be on here posting n bitching about it after most of us told you it would happen ;)

flyingfree9 01-15-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 873704)
But eventually you will get a big ass ticket n then you will be on here posting n bitching about it after most of us told you it would happen ;)

YOUR DAMN STRAIGHT I WILL BE!!! lol j/k, i know the potential of the situation so if i do end up getting a ticket for it it'll be my fault and i wont bitch (to much) about it. i personally like the way the plate looks there, so im not gonna move it unless im told to. ive seen a ridiculous amount of law the last few days with out a problem though

johnnyh 01-16-2010 12:22 AM

Ok guys a little update. I was instructed to only issue a state inspection if there was a place under the plate for a inspection sticker. As long as the plate is visable and lighted up, but there must be a place under the plate for a sticker. Johnny

nograv1 02-28-2010 12:04 PM

In nearly every state, it's required to have the plate illuminated. Coming from a LEO that uses license plate not illuminated ALL THE TIME as my reasonable suspicion to pull someone over, it's worth it to have it lit just to avoid the hassle. There's plenty of sleek looking fender eliminator kits available that come with lights. Good luck!

D2VW14_20 02-28-2010 04:09 PM

In most states its illegal. The orientation must be horizontal and need to be illuminated. But its all state dependent.

TK954RR 02-28-2010 11:34 PM

IMO it looks like crap first off. But ^ hit it right on the head, most states also require it to be horizontal as well. You can leave it till your told to change it, but most likely the day your told to change it will be when your running late for work or some other inconvenient time. I have never had anyone say boo about mine not being lit up, but its otherwise in a nice easy to read "legal" place, and trust me i get pulled over plenty lol.