600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Jeeeesssus...UPDATED w/write-up on installed items.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeeeesssus...UPDATED w/write-up on installed items.

Thought I was gonna get all my new stuff installed today on my 07 600RR, turns out I forgot how to be a mechanic. I work on commercial jets for christ sake, but cant seem to figure this bike out.

Anyone got some good tips on how to remove the stock exhaust? More specifically, I got everything removed per the service manual, but just cant seem to seperate the mid pipe at the clamp location. There doesnt seem to be enough play to pull apart those two inches.

I did get the Protons installed after a lenghty battle with the fairings install (the tops a b#$%^, butI figured it out). They do not have the regular flash rate as advertised. And the fade option is barely noticable (maybe because of the high flash rate?) I think I'm fine with that, so far. But DAMN are they nice!

Old 03-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Default RE: Jeeeesssus...

You might need to take a flat head and seperate by the flange a little, and then using a rubber mallet doesnt hurt either.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 PM

I had to hit mine with an oxy-acetylene torch and practically melt the thing off... The screw driver thing may work as well if you dont have a torch available. As for the flashrate, I just learned this, you need to install resistors.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:30 AM

Finally got it! Just takes some nice words and a little convincing. On to the next problem. This time it isn't me.

CBRHeaven sent a taillight with a messed up connector??? First it looks used and somewhat damaged. Second, doesn't even seem like the same connector to match the bikes white brake light connector??? Gotta call them in the morning, and hopefully they will be good about it.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Mine didn't quite fit either. I think it's because that taillight is actually for the 03-06 RR. I just cut the connector off and hard-wired it.

-Adam

Old 03-26-2008, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

I had to hit mine with an oxy-acetylene torch and practically melt the thing off... The screw driver thing may work as well if you dont have a torch available. As for the flashrate, I just learned this, you need to install resistors.
screw resistors.. i feel like im being noticed quicker and more often by leaving my blinkers running fast. imo..

Old 03-26-2008, 06:41 PM

^^^ I agree! But it would be nice if they worked as advertised so that I had the choice. The strobe might be nice but I cant tell much difference between that and the regular (increased flash rate). Actually all three options are too close to find much difference due to the high flash rate.

The Protons are very nice, BUT for the money you would think they would work as advertised and actually include the correct connectors so that they are truely plug and play andyou wouldn't have to ruin the stockers by robbing the connectors.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 PM

I am going to post a video on how i installed the integrated tailights, tomorrow. I installed the resistors for my blinkers, so when i do install the protons the flash rate should be normal. The connection from the tailight does work, it's just a bit tough to get in. I instead cut off the old wires from the fender and connected them to the tail light wire. That way it clicks on normal.

Easier to understand if you see the pictures.... ill get them up eventually. Later tonight for sure. In the process of putting together the video and other stuff.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 AM

would like to see this vid. thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Mine didn't quite fit either. I think it's because that taillight is actually for the 03-06 RR. I just cut the connector off and hard-wired it.

-Adam
My connector was really snug, but it did work. It didn't seem to be an exact fit at first, but I did manage to push it into the female connector on the bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jeeeesssus...UPDATED w/write-up on installed items.