600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

It's Over Haulin' Time

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Over Haulin' Time

alright so i have a 1994 cbr 600 f2, and i thank for the people who helped me with my overheating problem. I ended up just wiring the fan so i kicks on when the bike is turned on and i havent had any problems since. The reason why i'm writing this thread is i'm wanting to do a winter project with my f2 and pretty much strip it down and get the frame powder coated with the rims and stuff. But i do have a list of stuff i'm buying so i can replace/fix all the minor things. I'm gonna warn you i guarantee any questions i have may be no brainers to you guys but this is my first real riding season and i've never really stripped a bike down before so i apologize for the noobness now. and if you think theres something else i should go ahead and replace while its all taken apart feel free to let me know any help is appreciated. Also if you know a website with better deals or better quality items please let me know like i said i'm new to all this.

fork seals-34.95
HONDA FORK-SEALS Fork Seal Kit Fits CBR600F2 1991-1994.
rear sprocket-67.99
vortex blue rear sprocket
anodized black straight grips-174.00
HONDA GRIPS Anodized Black Straight Grips With Criss Cross Design And Ribbed Pointed Ends For Honda .
Chain-99.99
O-RING MOTORCYCE CHAIN- BLUE
Motorcycle Lift-178.00
http://www.motorcycleliftsdirect.com...-ATV-Jack.html
Alarm-49.99(lower insurance)
alarm system for motorcycles
fairing bolts-35.98
motorcycle windscreen bolts in blue
Fairings-745.00
Honda CBR600 F2 1991-1994 Fairing 10

ps:i'm wanting to add two teeth to my rear sprocket my only problem is i dont know the widths for them and same with the chain i dont know the oem link count or what kind of chain i've been told the oem is 520 and 530 so i dont know who to go with.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Some of the things I would change is 1) those grips. They looks like a ***** IMHO. 2) Don't go with that lift. They aren't good for sport bikes. The exhaust that runs underneath our bikes and the fairings wraps underneath as well. I would go with a stand over a lift. 3) I wouldn't go with those windscreen bolts. I don't think they would match the fairing set you want to go with and I think they are way over priced.

As for the chain I am certain that the width is 530 and almost positive the links is 108. I looked in the service manual it sucks for the older bikes but from the research I have done it looks like 108 and 530 is stock.

Last edited by R Dub; 08-22-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by R Dub
Some of the things I would change is 1) those grips. They looks like a ***** IMHO.
+10000000000000000

If I saw someone riding with those grips I would most certainly post a pic on this forum and rag on them.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Some of the things I would change is 1) those grips. They looks like a ***** IMHO.
agree lol

HONDA GRIPS Anodized Black Straight Grips With Criss Cross Design And Ribbed Pointed Ends For Pleasure

sorry had to stop by and put in my 2 cents

Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 AM

haha yeah not to mention they are over priced if i take the lift and those grips off that brings my price down to about 1000 and i wasnt gonna get those bolts blue those were just the first ones i found i think they said i had options i'll probably go with black. at first the grips looked cool but when i started thinking about it i really dont wanna spent that much on grips not to mention i dont know how well i would be able to grip them with sweaty hands. its always hot in kansas lol but does anyone have any other ideas i should do while it will be taken apart i know those are all the main things

Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 AM

also if i add two teeth to my rear sprocket how do i know what size chain to buy

Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 AM

i just realized this is for current models haha my bad... i need an admin to delete this lol

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the chain doesn't appear to be brand name, you can get a blue o-ring chain for like $50 on ebay.
I'm not a big fan of aluminum sprockets, but different strokes as they say. I'd probably go with some JT steels and an RK X-ring for less money. Won't be blue, but it'll last well.
I would make sure to change your front sprocket, too. I wouldn't install a new chain and new rear without swapping the front. They're cheap enough.
For grips... if you want blue, you can get pro-grip gels in blue. Around $15 and they look and feel good.
I would also skip the lift and get a decent set of stands.

i just realized this is for current models haha my bad... i need an admin to delete this lol
It doesn't really matter, but I can move this thread to the F2 section if you like.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 AM

eh i'm not worried about it and i think right now i dont know if i want to go with the black and blue theme lol i just want it running good i'll work on cosmetics later.. but i had my left lower fairing break off today while i was going....the bracket for the upper just snapped it was god awful and frusterating.
sorry for going from one subject to another are there any websites with the parts i'm looking for that are cheaper i decided for my first winter and stripping it down i dont want to start something i cant finish so i'm gonna keep it simple

Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ That sucks your fairing broke off. My buddy was having the same issues with his F2. He ended up with a lot of zip ties everywhere. lol..

I don't know of any websites that would have all the stuff you want for cheaper. Ebay has some good prices on stuff like what you linked, tho. I think the same fairing kit is like $520 shipped from overseas. Hit or miss on the china fairing kits, tho, from what I've seen.

I know it's nice to get everything at the same place, but I always find that the stuff I really want is in 20 different places. If you're just gonna get off brand, I say ebay and save a ton of cash from the site you linked. Ebay has the same stuff and vendors like to compete and make the prices better.

Quick Reply: It's Over Haulin' Time