600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Installed my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my exhaust

Got the Moriwaki installed and test rode the bike today. Gotta say I'm not too thrilled with the sound. It's not bad, just not too deep and throaty, or loud. I ordered it blind, hadn't heard ANY pipes. I rolled up next to another 600RR with the Two Brothers and liked the way it sounded, he blipped the throttle a couple times at the light and it was NICE, way louder than mine. I'm kinda feeling like I made the wrong choice. I need to hear mine ride by with someone else on it so I can get a true feeling for the sound.

So my question is really how does the Moriwaki compare to the Two Brothers and Arata? Which is throatier and deeper? What is the order from deepest to highest? And is the TBR really annoying at high speed?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Default RE: Installed my exhaust

I have the 2 brothers and it's just ridiculous. It's almost too loud sometimes, especially in the 10k+ rpm range. I don't have anything to compare it to though, never heard any of the other aftermarket exhausts in real life. Try searching some on youtube.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 PM

I've checked youtube and also listened to that sportrider comparison floating around on here, but sound clips don't really do any of the pipes justice. I've listened to a couple different sound clips from that sportrider comparison several dozen times and can barely tell two pipes apart. I really need to hear them in person.

I'm still curious how the Arata compares to the TBR and mine???

Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 PM

I've heard the Stock with drilled baffles, Two Brothers, and several yoshi's (not on an 07 though for the yoshi). Personal fav has been the yoshi's (till I got my laser, which I'd also never heard before, I went on faith alone), then 2 bro's.

Also, give it some time. Once the packing "sets", your exhaust tone will change a little, and usually get some louder... so I would keep it a little bit longer before you make a decision. Besides, at least your exhaust is much more "rare"... which is why I didn't go with the two bro's. I've seen a ton of bikes with them on it, even 07's, and it's the only one I could buy locally without ordering. I wanted something different!

Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 PM

i actually just got the yoshi RS5 - havnt installed it yet but i think that having something that looks the best (since we are only talking about slip ons) and that you're th emost happy with cosmetically is really whats important.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 AM

meh. be happy your exhaust isn't loud. yea, not gonna lie, my GPR sounds great, BUT its got its downsides for sure. 1. my gf lives about an hour away, so when I ride up to her place (which thankfully doesnt happen too often), by the time i get there, I'm partially deaf (and I have hearing protection). 2. you attract attention...sometimes its the wrong kind. And 3.....when you come home at 1 in the morning on a week day/night...having to pretty much walk the bike into the condo complex so you dont set off car alarms and wake people up blows.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:29 AM

I have 2 bros on my VFR and it's way f'n loud. 2 bros is known for how they sound at high rpm's. My cbr has stock pipes and i don't mind it one bit. I don't think i'm gonna put an aftermarket pipe on my cbr.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 PM

Yea, I'm gonna give it some time. I wanna hear the Arata and some more TBR's till I make any sort of decision. I'm not disapointed with the Mori, just not 100% satisfied...maybe like 80% only because I haven't heard others yet except the TBR which was nice while we were at the light. And I do think mine looks good and has great craftsmanship.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 PM

I have the Yosh on my 07... It wasnt that loud when I got it, but after I put like 1000 miles on it its ridiculous. It will get louder, they all do... Mine screams, its almost too loud in the powerband, but then again I dont really care, its a sportbike, its supposed to howl.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

I have the Yosh on my 07... It wasnt that loud when I got it, but after I put like 1000 miles on it its ridiculous. It will get louder, they all do... Mine screams, its almost too loud in the powerband, but then again I dont really care, its a sportbike, its supposed to howl.

+1 on nthat ^^^^^ The more I ride the bike..my Yoshihas gotten better and throatier. It's sounds awesome...

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Installed my exhaust