600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

HOW DO I STRETCH MY 600 RR???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW DO I STRETCH MY 600 RR???

"I LOVE extended swingarms, it makes it so much easier to distinguish squids that just want to be seen from real riders"

Now this truly sounds like a squid answer.

Just because someone is not like you or wants the same kind of mods as you that makes them a squid.
Oh thats right I forgot you set the standards of what real riders are. FUNNY.

Build the bike how ever you want. It'syour bike.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

I LOVE extended swingarms, it makes it so much easier to distinguish squids that just want to be seen from real riders

honestly if you just think you can't keep the front wheel down (thats BS move your weight forward, it'll stay down if superbikes can start fast, I'm pretty sure your 600 can do it) get those stupid straps that pull the front end down say goodbye to your fork seals though, but really its just going to get oil on the brakes and your probably still using the rear brake anyway so it doesn't really matter that much
and since you probably don't know how to turn anyway, oil on the front wheel shouldn't matter that much either

and like most squids you'll probably just wrap the leaking fork with a towel for a couple years so the oil may not even be a problem...

sorry that was a little brutal but its my opinion and I have a right to express it

are you serious??? that is such B.S.. and the fact that you took the time to write that long post and didnt answer any part of his question was a great addition to the forum.. i have a 900RR engine in a 600 frame for DRAGRACING..does that make me a squid and i am sure that i can lean forward and at a 8,000RPM launch it will still come up, and as for the strap that is BS too you tightenit, do a run and loosen it..no more wear and tear than bouncing down a street or strapping it down on a trailer..

so wow pretty much everything you wasted your time typing, helped nobody and mad you seem ignorant...thanks for the contribution though..

Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 PM

+1

Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 PM

Squids BLAH BLAH BLAH Just do what you want man don't listen to these stupid replys busting your idea's
Do what you want CUSTIMIZE your bike LIKE YOU WANT TO.
Not everyone wants to go to the TRACK.

How about this TRACK IS FOR SQUIDS!!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:57 AM

the straps put a lot of pressure on the fork seals (as does tying your bike down too tight in a trailer) most of the time it won't destroy your fork seals for quite a while but the straps will pull the forks in an imperfect angle thatsqueezes one side of the seal against the fork body. If left like this for an extended period of time, the fork seal will leak. Most of the time the seal will not be damaged but will leak oil right onto the brakes or tire, which tends to suck. Thats quite a bit different than hitting a bump that lasts a fraction of a second.

Only a squid would extend the swingarm on their bike, dragracing is for losers, sorry but its true
its so easy to keep the front end down on a 600 anybody with a lowered front end or extended swingarm is just proving their complete lack of skill
my definition of a "real rider" is one that knows how to do more than one thing on a motorycle, squids don't care about anything but looking good and it seems like most of them thing drag racers look cool enough to immitate

Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 AM

not a word of that was written in sincerity btw
sorry guys, I just couldn't resist
lol I can't stop laughing!

oh the fork seals thing was true that is all straight from Traxxion Dynamics suspension guru Max McAllister

Old 02-23-2007, 01:15 AM

to be serious though, from my experience most people with extended swingarms are squids that don't need them. that obviously does not include serious drag racers
the author of this post didn't include any background info so I have no idea what is reasons are for wanting it,andhave nothing to add to this thread (I did however enjoy my participation in it hehe)

see how boring a serious response is? sorry just not enough entertainment value for me...

Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Its funny cuz you will get alot of people tell you "no dont do it cuz i dont like it" but to each his own. Check out www.nycparts.com its pretty cheap also NYC Parts sells them on ebay. A friend of mine has the swingarm extensions on his gsxr6 (stretched about 4 inches and lowered about 1 1/2) and he said he loses about 10mph around a corner.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Not my cup of tea, but if you want to do it you will have a cleaner look if you get your current swingarm stretched. Those extensions just don't look right.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:35 PM

can i ask, what are you trying to achieve? is it to stop it lifting the front while dragging or just for looks, coz it will ruin your handling. Be clear as to what you what and why you want it it may decide as to how much engineering you need to put into your project.

Quick Reply: HOW DO I STRETCH MY 600 RR???