600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

HID help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID help

I have an AR Ballast HID in my bike. I purchased the bike with it. After pulling off the rear plastics to put a new exhaust on my 05 CBR600RR. I must have done something to the ballast and the wire that runs to it from the Headlight. Because whenever it gets shook from a bump or me touching the wire it flickers.

Anyone know how to disconnect it? Do I pull hard or twist? I dont want to damage it.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

I think its manufactured as 1 piece. There should be a clip connect to the lights themselves though. Fox did an install how to, and I have some pics also, do a search and you should find some pics of it.

Attached Thumbnails HID help-dsc01287.jpg  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned

the 3 spliced wires are going to the igniter. the clip connect to the lights.if yours is straight to the lights, meaning, there is no igniter, then I don't recommend you cutting the wires. Worst case, go get a new ballast. 89 canadian bucks for me, if I go to the store down the street, you could prolly get them on ebay for cheaper..

Attached Thumbnails HID help-dsc01300.jpg  
Old 05-28-2009, 02:02 PM

Sounds like a connection is loose. If they're tight at the ballast and the bulb then I would venture to say there may be something messed with the ballast. With my HID setup all the connections are like above they slide into on another with some sort of clip securing them. If you can't figure it out check https://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?...parent=61&pg=1