600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

All right here's the deal i just moved to fl from texas and bought me an 07 cbr600 and bout me some new upgrades for the bike.
1.full yoshimura rs5 exhaust
2.power commander
3.ignition module

I don't really know anyone here in fl yet so i wont really trust my bike with anyone else so i wanna do the work in putting the exhaust on myself. I know how to put the power commander on and the ignition module. But i aint to familiar in putting a full exhaust. So i would really appreciate it if anyone here could give me a few pointers and advice about installing it. And also what and what not to do.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Default RE: HELP!!

take your time when doing it. Its really not that hard you just have to have patience when doing it. I usually takes alot of before pictures so I don't wind up with extra bolts and stuff. You'll probably need new exhaust gaskets as well.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:17 PM

alrite i'm in the process of taking exhaust out now but there's this part that i'm not sure of..Its some type of sensor that's welded to the bottom of the exhaust..So i'm not sure weather that if that part has to be welded back on the new exhaust

Old 10-24-2007, 04:19 PM

i'm in the orlando area..quick question for you f3racer. what part of iraq are you at i just got back from deployment just this june..i was up north in mosul..

Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM

i'm in the process of installing the pipes but theres just one thing i'm not sure of..on the stock exhaust theres this type of sensor thats welded to the bottom of it. Do I need to get this welded on the new exhaust..i uploaded some picture attachments so that you could see what i'm talking about..

Old 10-24-2007, 06:12 PM

that is the HTEV
basically, its hondas way of passing noise levels at idle. there is a flap inside that blocks exhaust flow at idle but there is a servo that opens the plate up as the throttle goes up.

you remove it for a full system. the servo is under the seat. you have to leave the servo plugged into the wiring harness but you can take the cables off of it.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 PM

hey baxsom, thanks alot for the help..i'm trying to learn more about my bike cuz i wanna do all the work on it myself..i didnt really know what that part was so i was kinda worried weather i had to leave it or take it out..but with your help now i know..i could finally finish putting on the exhaust..Thanks alot.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: fofiffs

hey baxsom, thanks alot for the help..i'm trying to learn more about my bike cuz i wanna do all the work on it myself..i didnt really know what that part was so i was kinda worried weather i had to leave it or take it out..but with your help now i know..i could finally finish putting on the exhaust..Thanks alot.
no prob, removing the cables from the servo is pretty straight forward. they attach like bicycle brake cables.
just make sure to leave the wiring harness plugged to the servo