600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

GPR Sterring damper Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPR Sterring damper Installation

I just got a GPR damper & when reading the instruction it states use proper torque when tightening it on. Does anyone have the proper torque for a GPR Damper? Thanks!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: GPR Sterring damper Installation

The book shows 76lbf-ft for the steering stem nut.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:51 AM

THANKS!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM

why the hell do you need a damper on a cbr 600 for ?

LOL

This is one of the most stable bikes on the market at ANY speed..... lol

Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM

I know its the one of the GREATEST bike built. I wanted one& got it... Giving it a upgrade, I don't think it will hurt, but could help.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: CYCDUP

I know its the one of the GREATEST bike built. I wanted one & got it... Giving it a upgrade, I don't think it will hurt, but could help.
Thats what I say, but people keep putting me down and you know what I just keep doing it the long way round. Thats bolting things on and taking it off and selling it for something else and starting all over again.

You know the CBR was built with compromises, just a matter of economy so that the big H can make money. So certain parts of the bike is "compromise".

Did you know here in the Uk we use rock salt to grit the roads in the winter and it actually corrodes the fairing fastners. I could go and buy some coated alloy bolts or you know what, I think my RR desserve some Titanium bolts. hey not?

hey Cycdup I am after a stering damper as well, I dont need it cause the bikes works. Like you I just want one, and a slipper clutch, full exhaust (header to end can), Galespeed wheels and the list goes on.

But for today I want to talk about steering dampers. I am after an Ohlins or arrows one, the things I want to know is how is your GPR damper?

Sorry just venting cause I am tired of people posting comments like what you want that for. Like theres a lot of stock CBR in the forum. everyone tailoring their bikes to them selves.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 PM

I threw a Scotts Damper on my f4i, and I love it.... Everything feels more stable, and its easy to adjust.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GPR is good. they had some issues awhile back that the dampers were leaking but they have it sorted out not. for more adjustability than you know what to do with go with scotts. ohlins linears are cool too. but as far as durability, scotts gets my vote.

as far as needing one...well...some bikes are more prone to headshakes than others. techincally, get the suspension dialed in correctly and you shouldn't need one...but it's always good insurance. bashing of dampers is more for who just want it, but don't say they just want it, but rather, say they need it...because of this, that, etc...if you want it...get it.

no on the titanium bolts...cause your frame is aluminum...and will cross thread easily if you're not careful!

alte...you're supposed to get the SS lines and brembo MC first remember?

Old 04-19-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
...some bikes are more prone to headshakes than others
Name:  eek7.gif
Views: 51
Size:  1.6 KB

stock 954!!!!! [sm=proof.gif]

Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 AM

Hey Tahoe,

Yeah getting SS lines when I get my next tire change. Already had my last tire change already. I went for Michelins pilot road 2CT. A compromise cause I commute on my bike as well. This is what my bike looks like now. http://www.alte22a.photoblog.com/

Thanks for the tip again. Guess will have to go for Alloy coated bolts then.

My shopping list is so long. Getting a quote for my belly pan and tail to get resprayed.

Steering damper is on my list somewhere but not a high priority as a slipper clutch.

Quick Reply: GPR Sterring damper Installation