600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

fig u guys could help me put my bike back together =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fig u guys could help me put my bike back together =)

ok my bike was stolen and therefore all the locks were broke luckaly it was recovered. now i am replacing them i got the gastank in but i looked at the lock for the tail and im not sure how 2 instal it. they just punched it out the back breakin the plastic underneath.

so b4 i rip it apart how would do u install the tail lock corectly and do u think i need a whole new bracket or just that little lock?

he also cut the ignition off the top tripple tree. how hard is it 2 replace the top tripple tree and ignition?

and also he spray painted my bike im getting new fairings how hard is it replacing them and how many total pieces is it? im prob gana order mine from ebay cause i dont have much money but does anyone know a good dealer on ebay for it and quality info bout em?

any info and help would b much appreciated!!!! thanx a bunch in advance!!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:22 PM

For replacing the plastic go ahead and order new bolts from bikebolts.com. Their only around $35 but comes with an excellent digram of where each peice goes and what screws to use and you can get the bolts powder coated almost any color for only $10 extra.

For the locks just go to General Tech and download the service manual, it has exploded views for replacing those kinds of things.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your stolen bike. Did you have insurance? and are they covering any of it. As far as the tail lock, its part of the subframe tray. Unless you're able to find a replacement lock and are good at plastic welding, you would have to replace the whole thing.

The tripple tree lock and cover is a little work, just take your time. Yes, get the downloable service manual , if anything for the diagram reference. (just do a search on the forum)

I assume part of your bike fairings got damaged in the process since you're looking to buy a new set. The fit of the Ebay fairings are not going to be a perfect fit. It will take some effort and work to make them mount up right. Material-wise, they are a little more rigid then OEM fairings. You get what you pay for, so I wouldn't expect perfection from them.

Good luck with getting your bike together.

BTW, whats with the bike bolts reference, OP didn't mention anything about missing bolts. Sounds like an Ad to me.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM

I aint advertising jack, he asked about replacing fairings and they give a blown up view picture with the kit. I had to replace my fairings at one time and used them, was alot eaiser than trying to go by the manual i had. More members than myself have offered up this site for people looking for help in finding how to mount fairings. Have you looked at the manuals pictures.....they dont show which bolt goes where just gives the size of the bolt to go in the hole. While this kits instructions has pics of the bolt that goes in the hole and the peice to be mounted.

He wanted to know how hard it is to replace fairings....i've had to do it and gave the simplest way i found. All stock bolts with an exploded view aint to bad in helping out with replacing fairings imo. And its relatively cheap