600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

F4i Flushmount help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Flushmount help please

I have a 2002 cbr f4i and just bought lockhart phillips flushmounts. THey have 2 wires coming out but my bike has 3 wires. I beleive the green is a ground and left that to the side and connect the 2 other wires together. The light turns on and stays on and when i want to the the blinker it does not work. I hear i need a resistor and was wondering where to get one or anyother information on how to wire these. Thanks

Old 09-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Default RE: F4i Flushmount help please

Those lights will just be turnsignals, you will not be able to use the running light. (One wire will not be used from the factory wiring). There is an article somewhere that describes how to use them as a running light also, but IMO it's not needed. If "they" can't see your headlights, they won't see tiny little yellow lights....

Old 09-10-2006, 12:30 AM

i know it cant be used as a running light
but that all that is happeing its strange when i hook up the wires it just stays on
so whould i just leave one wire out and try it as a blinker

Old 09-10-2006, 12:56 AM

Just leave one wire out, taped up so it doesn't short anything out. I am 90% sure this is how you would wire them if you wanted running light and flasher;

If you were to use a relay wired into the running light and signal you could use a single filiment bulb (like those in lockhart phillips signals), You need two relays (one for each side), each with the 5 prongs(high quality Bosch usually). Ground to 85, running light + to 30, turn signal + to 86, output to lockhart phillips signal would be 87A, nothing at 87. The relay is usually open which would allow power from 30 to go thru to 87A, but when it receives a 12v + from the signal at 86 it closes the relay switching power output from 87A to 87, so, it'll flash (out of sync with dash indicator and rear signal though).

Old 09-10-2006, 01:14 AM

Click here...

Everything you need to know is there.

good luck!

Old 09-10-2006, 02:40 AM

ok guys here i go. i have them all connected up wiht no resistors or relays or any of that junk all i want these blinkers to do is blink. right now i dont care about the running light. Both my wires are connected to the two wires off the bike. I have the ground taped off. WHen i put power to the upper the blinkers stay on constant, when i go to use the right turn signal the right one goes blank and the left stays light and vice versa im very confuesed and dont know what the hell im doing wrong some one help please
All your replys are very much appreciated that you guys very much

Old 09-13-2006, 02:39 PM

Don't know if you fixed the problem or not. I tried to mount flushmounts on my 01 f4i and ran into all kinds of problems. Turns out it was all because i had one of those real tailight turn signal integrators. It was one of the cheap ones that you can buy from an automotive store that is meant for use with trailers. It worked fine when i had my stock front signals; but then when i tried to go with the flushmounts up front, things got tricky. It was doing the same thing as you were saying, where they would blink the opposite side and different lights would stay on or get brighter then dimmer. Anyways, once i figured out that the rear integrator was the problem, I took it off and it helped. Then i could mount up my Hotbodies flushmounts up front with some small LED's i got offline in the rear. They blink fast now, but hell they both blink when i need them too so i was happy with it. Don't know if that will help at all, but i hope it's worth something.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:50 PM

You probably figured this out by now, but if not... on your Lochhart Phillips 2-wire light, I believe they have a blk/wht stripe wire. This is the ground. I has to go with the lone connecter from your bike which I believe is green. The other bikeplug in connector has two wires. One for Blink. one for Always On. Turn the key on On. Take the other remaining wire from the LP light and poke it each side of the 2-wire bike connector... when the light goes on, you have found your Always On wire. You want the other one for Blink. Stick it in the Blink side and hit your blinkers to test. You really should get the three wire (dual filament) light.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:32 PM

Pugetpower, you are so right about getting a 3 wire light, but where? For some silly reason I would even prefer not to have LED's. Just nice looking flush mounts that fit.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:28 PM

Its an odd thing. Ebay doesnt seem to have much in 3-wire blinkers when I have checked. My favorite store (cycle gear) thinks your weird for asking. I found them at another m/c store in Renton WA...
actually had several to choose from. Other than that, google Chaparral, they will send you a catalog the size of a phone book. Theve got every short stalk/flush mount known to man. They call it
"dual" or "single" filament.

Quick Reply: F4i Flushmount help please