600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

exhaust or power commander?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust or power commander?

just started upgrading my 600rr and im not rich so its piece by piece. would anyone recommend a power commander over a yoshi rs5 slip on? or a yoshi pipe over the power commander? if so any main reasons why? thanks

Old 05-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Default RE: exhaust or power commander?

i don't know much about pc III cuz i got an f4 without one... but if you get the rs5 then for it to perform the best you will want to get the pc III and get the bike dyno tuned. This will result in optimal performance for the slip on system. The slip on will not add much performanc in general and alot of people run a slip on with out it being dyno'd.. like me. I have the rs3. I think the pc III adjust the fuel to air ratio and i don't know how much you would gain if you just had that installed with nothing else. But again i don't have much experience with the pc... somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:03 AM

cool that does make sense. i think i am just going to buy the pc III and then worry about the exhaust down the road. about the dyno tuning, i dont know if that would be completely necessary because of the downloadable maps for each exhaust brand/type. that is just my guess but thanks for the reply and if anyone has something else to add then speak up...plz

Old 06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get the PC III. The exhaust can come afterward. My F4i smoothed out after I put the PC on. Big difference I thought it was a solid investment. A dyno tune is a must for full exhaust not so much for a slip on. Just find a good map and use it. The PC usb is easy to install.

If you are riding around town just trying to get laid I might go with the slip on first. It sounds cooler

Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Todd84

I would get the PC III. The exhaust can come afterward. My F4i smoothed out after I put the PC on. Big difference I thought it was a solid investment. A dyno tune is a must for full exhaust not so much for a slip on. Just find a good map and use it. The PC usb is easy to install.

If you are riding around town just trying to get laid I might go with the slip on first. It sounds cooler
Who isnt riding around trying to get laid? Other than the married folk, and sometimes even them too!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:15 PM

yes, keeping the ***** wet is a must, but i think i will stick with the PC III and let my game carry me into the hershey highway of love.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM

exhaust

Old 06-08-2008, 02:22 PM

Save up for both at once....

Old 06-08-2008, 08:09 PM

well...

do you want a nice shiny stainless pipe running up your tail with a barking exhaust note.

or....

the same thing u have now.. lol

either way, it doesnt matter what you get first, one can always be done after the other with no adverse side effects.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm partial to getting a Power Commander first. Usually slip-ons are for looks and sound only. Very rarely are you ever going to get a actual power increase (and in some cases, you get a decrease). I just can't see myself throwing $500-600 on a slip-on just for noise. But spending $250-300 for something that will smooth out the throttle and is custom tunable? Sure, why not?

But, it's your money. Get what you want, not what any of us want you to get.

Quick Reply: exhaust or power commander?