600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Embarassed to ask

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Embarassed to ask

no cuts will break off during any type of substantial impact with the ground...

Old 07-31-2006, 07:46 PM

if you are new to riding get them, they will save you a fortune if you go down, you can then concentrate on your line look where you are going and forget about how far your bike is leaning, get the sliders that require you to drill a hole in the side fairing as these are by far the stronger ones, remove the fairing put a dab of white paint on the bolt replace the fairing, push against bolt and there you have where to drill, drill a small hole first and widen with a cone drill or file checking all the time by replacing panel and making sure you are still ok, this is a bit scary drilling your bike but worth it get the sliders for the swingarm and forks too these are small cheap and very easy to fit but again will save you a fortune if you go down. happy riding

Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Lowcash

Also if you are so kind, do you know where i can read to learn the ins and outs of bikes/ parts etc.
Your sitting right in it man! hang around here and feel free to ask Tons of questions. (but if you can help it hit that search button up top and search for a topic and you'll find plenty of threads and if you still in the dark about something just ask. you gotta learn somehow.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sliders aren't just for newbies - I wear mine with pride.

If you are a newbie may I suggest adding magnesium tips to the sliders for an extra cool fireworks display...

In this picture you can see the white sliders... likely vortex? You can also see the recovered engine cover... no plastic on the track it seems.

https://cbrforum.com/photo.asp?photo...Type=6&apage=1

Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM

I personally think sliders are a waste of time.... Think of it like this.....you have to cut your plastics in order to install them, therefore, your plastics are already ruined. The sliders are usually cheaper than plastics but hey....look at accidents like opportunities to modify... Just my 2 cents....

Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... I've crashed without sliders. It was expensive. I've got sliders on now, and I'm planning on tracking it next year... track time means very likely the bike will touch down next summer. I don't want to crash, I won't ride to crash, but it is very likely.

Sliders - if you want to sell your bike as mint, don't cut wholes in the plastics... that being said consider sliders as insurance. You have to pay something for them, but if things go wrong it won't be as bad as if you didn't have them.

I guess you could take the lowers off, install sliders and have mint sliders for when you want to sell it?