600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Elim Kit or Undertail?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elim Kit or Undertail?

Heya,
I have a 2006 CBR 600 F4i and am looking at reducing the 'billboard' that is currently the rear end of my bike! I'm tossing up between a fender elim kit and an undertail. Not sure which one is better or where to get them from (I'm in Western Australia) .If the undertail is a goer, what happens to the seat lock and indicators? Has anyone successfully pulled this off, and if so, was it easy enough to do solo or should I leave the fitting to the profs?
PS Anyone have any ideas on how to cheer up an incapacitated rider? My mate had a huge off last week and the poor thing is moping around at home with three fractures and a leg full of steel...
Cheers

Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Elim Kit or Undertail?

An undertail would clean up the rear end dramatically. I would love to put an undertail on mine, but I have the center-up exhaust, so that's a little out of the question.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered Users

if you want to see an undertail...check out my sig and click the link on my bike..i have a hotbodies undertail....the lock gets remounted in a spot in the undertail...i put my license plate in front of it..i still have to secure it, but it works fine, there is instructions on how to relocate the arm for it.....

Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 AM

Woah! Wicked write up! That's what I'm after- a step by step guide from someone who's actually done it and speaks plain English! Cheers for the other reply- I think though that you can get undertails for duck tail exhausts- they just fit around them...
Cheers!