600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Different placed pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different placed pegs?

Ok, so i just got a CBR600F3 and im about 6'2' 205 pounds. This is my first bike and I'm new to the bike world, so i dont really know anything about mods or parts. After riding for about an hour or so, my legs tend to get fairly soar. Are there any mods that could help with the leg positioning, so ithey arent so bent, repositioning pegs or something? its not bad just for riding around, but im planning on a 6 hour ride in september and would like to be a bit more comfortable after the later end of the ride.

Thanks

Old 08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Default RE: Different placed pegs?

You can get adjustable rear sets (move the pegs).Expect to pay between 400 to 600.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with adjustable rearsets, it's still not going to help in the way that you are expecting. They're sportbikes, so they are far more aggressive in ergo's than other bikes. On longer trips, I have more of a problem with the seat causing butt-ache and a sore lower back (and sometimes the lower neck). I find that a nice, comfy tank bag to lay on, scoot your butt all the way to the back of the seat and tuck is the most comfortable position, but either way, you are going to be sore after that ride. (and most likely, in parts during the ride). Constantly pulling over for stretch breaks and constantly moving your position helps with the longer trips.

I'm taking a 3000 mile trip on the 600RR at the end of August. Gong to Durango CO for a bike rally, then to Southern Illinois, then back to New Mexico. Should be interesting.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Banned

I think I saw a low cost mod for rear set relocation a while back that may help a little, but BlueFox is right, these things aren't built to be comfortable. Another thought may be a custom seat, maybe get you an inch higher and that may help your leg situation. In all honesty, an hour at a time is all I want to do on my bike and I'm 5'8". Good luck.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:19 AM

ok thanks for all the help, looks like im getting a new seat

Old 08-18-2008, 09:59 PM

i was thinking, is it a possibility to modify some frame sliders or something like that to be able to have them in a nice spot for your feet? something kinda like the harleys have where its 2 sets of pegs type deal. I have decent welding skills

Old 09-01-2008, 04:48 PM

they make brackets to relocate your stock pegs they around 40 bucks a pair. Dont think it will help that much, and if you had frame slider mount pegs it would be more uncomfortable then your current peg location imagine having your body in a V where you're hands almost touch your feet while on a bike. Not only would that ruin handling i think that would ruin your back.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM

not gonna lie i put my feet up on my sliders all the time. its way comfortable plus on long rides the heat from the engine tends to stik around my ankle area and fresh air on my ankle feels amazing.

get a corbin seat tho, sliders are whre they are cuz thats the only spot thats gonna be safe for your frame to fall on. i guess you could make a wierd bracket for them in a more comfy place but its not gonna serve much of a good purpose

Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM

It's a little off topic but, does the Corbin seat for 05-06 600rr have the same mounting as the 07? My wife isn't a big fan of the lack of padding.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 AM

+1 on the Corbin seat I have one and it does make a world of difference on long rides, As for the peg position I seen in lockheart and phillips they have this peg that is designed to rotate on the rear set makeing it possible to go down and back. but it will take some modification to get it to work

Quick Reply: Different placed pegs?