600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....

Ok...I just bought a brand new M4 full system off a Honda dealer for 325$...Was that a good deal? Is it a good system and what can I expect for gains? I already have a PC3 usb and a bmc race filter....I had a hindle slip on and a Jardine Rtone before and am selling the jardine....How does the M4 compare to others and is it true it is the equivalent to the Yosh system? That is what the dealer told me...I hope I can get some good performance gains....!!! I also can't find a map on the Dynojet website for the M4 full sytem...does anyone have one??? Thanks and I should have it delivered to my house on Tuesday....can't wait...!!! I have included pics with the Hindle and the Jardine...M4 should be a high mount or race mount...I could not tell from the pics of the system...

Oh and yes I am aware that I should get a custom map done for the best gains however It cost muuuuucho coin and I am without that certain thing at the moment...!

Thanks
Andy

Attached Thumbnails CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-2001-honda-cbr-f4i-jardine-rtone-hm.jpg   CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-pics-f4i-hindle.jpg   CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-m4-exhaust.jpg  

Last edited by andymp3; 05-02-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 AM

thats a damn good deal for a full system. You must have the bike dyno tuned to get the best performance out of the full system otherwise it might run like crap and maybe even a loss of bottom end power

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Thanks....Yes I am very thankfull I ran accross that deal...Still though...is this a good system? what does it compare too? Is M4 a quality system? thanks for the help..

Andy

Last edited by andymp3; 05-03-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:02 PM

M4 is a good system IMO. You dont see a lot of people with their product on their bikes, but I have seen M4 on race bikes before so they must be good

Old 05-03-2009, 11:13 PM

its a fair system from what i hear, but if you dont like the can check and see if you can mount a different slip-on. thats what i did with my full system

Old 05-03-2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by 02f4irider
its a fair system from what i hear, but if you dont like the can check and see if you can mount a different slip-on. thats what i did with my full system

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing...I may hold off on selling my Hindle and Jardine until I decide with of them I like the most...That is if they will fit on the M4 header...I will let you all know how I make out..Should have it by Tuesday or Wed....

Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM

That is a great price for a full system but the header is different from the Yosh one.

Looks like any slip-on will fit with that header though.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Ok...so I got my full system and was putting it on and my worse nightmare transpired...I broke a stud and it is now stuck into the head of the motor...Farck!~!! I just ordered new studs and bolts and gaskets as well...I tried heating it with a torch....and tried taking it out with vicegrigs...i can't....I just bought a welder and will try that...Hopefully i can weld a nut onto what is left of the stud...Anyone have any suggestions? I am about the loose it...!!

Attached Thumbnails CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-andys-cell-phone-pics-may-5-2009-192.jpg   CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-andys-cell-phone-pics-may-5-2009-191.jpg   CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-andys-cell-phone-pics-may-5-2009-188.jpg   CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....-andys-cell-phone-pics-may-5-2009-187.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by andymp3
Ok...so I got my full system and was putting it on and my worse nightmare transpired...I broke a stud and it is now stuck into the head of the motor...Farck!~!! I just ordered new studs and bolts and gaskets as well...I tried heating it with a torch....and tried taking it out with vicegrigs...i can't....I just bought a welder and will try that...Hopefully i can weld a nut onto what is left of the stud...Anyone have any suggestions? I am about the loose it...!!
how did you break it off? cross threaded? There are a couple of ways you can go about getting it out. You can get a drill bit just a size smaller than the bolt and drill it out and retap it just make sure you get the same thread pitch for the tap if you decide to do it that way.........or from the pictures i seen it looks like you have enough to dremel a slot in the rest of the bolt sticking out and try to unscrew the rest of it out with a flat head screw driver...btw the pipe look nice on your bike. good luck and keep us posted

Last edited by f4itypeofguy; 05-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Yeah...I did try to dremel and use a screw driver...I did not put that much effort into it so if the welding thing does not work I may try it again...Thanks and I can't wait to see how it sounds and works...FUnny thing is when i took my header off of it there were no exhaust gaskets.....So when I took it off i did not give it much thought...it kept leaking so I kept tightening it...I knew in the back of my head it would break and it did...Oh well I learned the hard way...I now have 4 new gaskets...8 studs and bots on order and hopefully this time it does not leak....I will keep you updated on my progress...SOrry for the ****ty pics as well.....They were from my cell.....thanks

Quick Reply: CBR F4i full exhaust system advice....