600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Anyone done this mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done this mod?

My buddy has offered to give me his '06 R6 stock exhaust. I am considering taking the end piece, that does seem to have some baffling in it, and modding it to fit on my F4i. There are places underneath the bike to make a mount and anchor it in place.

Will probably be loud as hell and my map will need to be adjusted, but it would look cool and should sound sorta like a GP race bike.

My state has no laws regarding sound levels on bikes or cars, so I won't get in trouble if it is too loud.

Also, if I had to, I could probably fashion a short mid-pipe that has some baffling in it to lower the sound if I needed to.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Anyone done this mod?

I'd like to see pics

Old 10-08-2006, 08:47 PM

That would look really good. The R6 exhaust is pretty tasty. I think it would be really loud though, like you said, because there's a resonating chamber under the R6 before the can.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 AM

Yeah, that is my main concern. I am sure that mounting it won't be a problem. A short piece of exhaust pipe from Pep Boys with some slots cut onto the ends, some high-temp sealant and some hose clamps should work. I also have access to a welder, so making a bracket to mount underneath the bike to secure everything should not take much effort.

The noise, that is my concern, although to be honest, as long as it is not louder than say a D&D, it might be fine.