600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)

This thread is not to ask what sliders are better...
That being said....

Is this a full and complete setup?
Am I missing anything.
My bike currently has no protection whatsoever and mi amor is purchasing me some stuff for my bike and I mentioned to her some frame sliders. I figured I may as well get the whole set of sliders...

http://www.cyclesector.com/ProductDe...-SWINGARM-AXLE
http://www.cyclesector.com/ProductDe...LIDERS-BARENDS
http://www.cyclesector.com/ProductDe...RS-COTTONREELS
http://www.cyclesector.com/ProductDe...FORKPROTECTORS

What confused me is that none of those say "frame sliders" and two of them say Swing Arm Sliders.
Here is a picture of the Cart:

Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Default RE: ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)

You have everything in your cart except the frame sliders themselves.

You have both the rear sets in there, which might be confusing you. The Swingarm Sliders go through the axle. The 'cottonreels' are actually called spools, and although they do provide protection, they are really intended as a rear stand mount. You need to actually add 'Frame' sliders to the cart. On that note I would get no-cuts if you can.

Shogun makes them, as does motovation Additionally, I would stay away from any slider made from metal. They are supposed to grind down and protect your plastic. Many people have bad bad experiences with metal sliders, as they can grab the pavement and send your baby into the sky.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:31 PM

I would get no-cuts but too many people have had issues with them not being as sturdy and stable as the cut ones. I actually like the looks of the cut ones once you put a rubber seal around the fairing. It makes it look much cleaner IMO

Old 08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: garyward

I would get no-cuts but too many people have had issues with them not being as sturdy and stable as the cut ones. I actually like the looks of the cut ones once you put a rubber seal around the fairing. It makes it look much cleaner IMO
^^^^Smart man

Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 PM

i wish i had the picture, but i dont. dont get no cuts they end up causing more damage then they ever could of been saving. they bend back and get smashed into the strator and gear box or they just plain snap off and dont do any good anyways. and yes, metal sliders are bad.. for the previously stated reason, but also b cuz hard metal has no give.. if you smash down on your side , that slider wont give any and will end up bending your frame

Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 PM

i know[sm=smiley20.gif] that's what i said above (:

Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Retired Moderator

I have the no-cut Lightning Performance frame sliders. Absolutely fantastic. Bike fell off the rear stand in the paddock a few months ago, and it didn't even hint at trying to bend. It's a 1-inch thick piece of aluminum that's about 2 inches in total length. In fact, I'm still using the spacer it fell on (pictured below). The slider actually collapses slightly to absorb the brunt of the impact. Just replaced the slider and couldn't be happier.

There are different quality and designs of no-cuts out there, but that doesn't mean all of them are crap. This coming from someone who actually has them and has had to use them.

Name:  sliderspacer.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  70.7 KB

Old 08-18-2008, 08:20 PM

okay: since everyone is confused and nobody has helped me since my original question was answered and everybody has ignored my second question here are the questions from the original posts:
Is this a full and complete setup?
Am I missing anything?

The following question is where can I find the R&G Frame Sliders? I was able to find all of the set except the ones that mount to the engine section. Maybe the employee on the forum will see this and respond...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ Sorry man, threads get sidetracked VERY easily on this site. Let me take a look at it and see where the actual frame sliders are........

Old 08-18-2008, 08:24 PM

thanks blue. I've noticed especially with flaming... lol

Quick Reply: ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)