600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Aftermarket turn signals you can see?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket turn signals you can see?

I just bought a 2001 CBR 600 F4i with a Repsol replica body and smoke lens LED flush-mount front turn signals. One has the wire ripped off the board so I either need to fix that signal, buy a replacement, or buy something different. I don't want the stockers, but I'd kind of like them to be somewhat visible so I don't get tagged making a turn that another driver wasn't aware of.

I've seen some LED turn-signal mirrors and LED turn-signal bar-ends that looked like they might be helpful but I wanted to see what you all had for signals first. My buddy also has an 01 F4i and has near identical signals and he said no one ever seems to know that he's turning unless it's dark out.

Pics appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftermarket turn signals you can see?

ORIGINAL: FieroGT3800SCII

My buddy also has an 01 F4i and has near identical signals and he said no one ever seems to know that he's turning unless it's dark out.

Pics appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan
Thats because generally nobody is paying attention. The rear signals should be the biggest concern. You just gotta think 2 steps ahead of all the other drivers around you.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM

You're probably right, but you pretty much can't see the flush mounts from in front of the bike. I was thinking about that aspect of it all. Say you're at a 4-way stop and you have your left turn signal on and there's a car directly opposite of you stopped. There's no way he's going to see that signal so he will probablyassume you're going straight.

Anyone have any interesting aftermarket signals they can share?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM

talkt to bluefox hes got some sick ones.

i got the flush mount ones and im fine at night. if you do go with those you just got to be a lil extra careful cause some drivers will seem em some wont. those that dont just flick em off or whip a b!tch and pop a wheelie next to em and wisper some "kind" words haha thats always fun. but in all serious talk i have NOT had a problem with my flush mounts being a visiblity issue.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 AM

Rizoma are some o f the best on the market.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:43 AM

Personally I would go with the new Rizoma Zero 11s. They are top quality, very bright, look great, and give perfect visibility to anyone around you.

Below are the old Rizoma ZEROs installed on a 2006 CBR600RR (Pictures courtesy of Blue Fox)

Name:  rizomaflush004.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  rizomaflush003.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  72.4 KB

Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: cobraDC65

Personally I would go with the new Rizoma Zero 11s. They are top quality, very bright, look great, and give perfect visibility to anyone around you.

The old Rizoma ZEROs installed on a 2006 CBR600RR

Where can i buy those? i like them [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 10-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Those are the older Rizoma's that they don't make anymore (and to further note, I actually modified them so they would mount flush up against my old 06 as shown in the pictures above)

The new Zero-11's are brighter than the older ones (the ones I currently have).......though, you can't use them as running lights. Only place to buy them is......

www.pjsparts.com

GREAT signals, they're expensive......but my whole reasoning is that you only have to buy the good stuff once. Another signal I wouldn't mind having would be the Watsen Design signals.......but they're even more expensive than the Rizoma's ($140/pair versus the Rizoma's which are about $40/signal)

Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 AM

watson design are the ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

i want money

Old 10-20-2008, 04:35 PM

i checked out the watsen design ones...expensive but i like them. Anyone have pics of these? night and day pics would be nice but that might be askin for a little too much haha .

Quick Reply: Aftermarket turn signals you can see?