600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

-1+2. worth the buy?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -1+2. worth the buy?

Hey I'm new to this site but I look at it all the time so I shouldn't sound like too much of a fool.

Anyways, I'm buying a new bike because some guy decided I would look better on the ground then on my bike on the freeway. This guy in my area is hooking me up with a 2006 rr, which Im stoked about, with lots of after market and goodies on it. The only thing is it has a 520 sproket kit on it, and I dont know what to think.

I am already a crazy driver as it is, i dont know if having the capability to wheelie outta first is gonna be too positive for my co pay down at kaizer.

I know what everyone is thinkin, "WTF this kid had a 01 f4i and is scared to wheelie?" i have only wheelied it once on accident, and I catch myself doing stand ups and reverse sit ma jiggers, and sit-on-your-bitch-seat-things, I just dont want the temptation to be on the freeway thinkin... you know there arent THAT many cars around...

Anyways let me cut to the chase, is a -1+2 sproket setting on a 06 gonna be that touchy, or will i just be really fast? cuz that would be coolio.

let me know what you think

Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Default RE: -1+2. worth the buy?

You will have a lot of ups in first, but your highway power will be amazing. I have -1/+1 and its the best 200 bucks I ever spent!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:27 PM

man... well that does sound cool cuz I love going fast, minus tickets, but my favorite thing about having a honda made bike is that when a woosy r1 or, oh god, a gixxer pulls next to me reving their engine like they are going to beat me. If Im gonna be wheelin outta every stop maybe its a bad idea.

Is it something you can control, or is it just to much power?

Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 PM

As long as you have good throttle control you'll be fine. If your just going WOT all the time, it might want to lift the front wheel up in first, but it wont be uncontrollable, or flip you. I think my -1+2 is the best 150 bucks i've spent on the bike. I feel the bikes should have came this way, or atleast a -1+1...

Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 PM

you can deff control it, and keep that front on the ground.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:48 AM

I think you have some growing up to do first??

Old 04-12-2008, 10:58 AM

Wow thats some great advice, why didnt i think of that.

anyways, the only reason i asked is because i have a cast on and cant test drive the b!tch out. so i dont know what to think. and frankly im a bit anxious about it because i think everyone on here knows the feeling of getting a new bike, and thenit starts to rain.. or in my case, your broken.

but hey, in that sense i am being kinda like a kid with a toy that i cant play with, so i guess i do have some growing up to do.... oh wait, that wouldnt be fun

Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

Wow thats some great advice, why didnt i think of that.

anyways, the only reason i asked is because i have a cast on and cant test drive the b!tch out. so i dont know what to think. and frankly im a bit anxious about it because i think everyone on here knows the feeling of getting a new bike, and thenit starts to rain.. or in my case, your broken.

but hey, in that sense i am being kinda like a kid with a toy that i cant play with, so i guess i do have some growing up to do.... oh wait, that wouldnt be fun

Soon to be in the Fallen Riders section......

Old 04-14-2008, 05:31 PM

stop drinkin hateraid.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

stop drinkin hateraid.
I'm not hatin' on you bro. Just don't want to see you (or anyone)
end up injured or dead.

Stupid hurts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: -1+2. worth the buy?