600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

05 f4i flush mount question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 f4i flush mount question

I did a search and have found nothing. I bought some flush mount signals for my 05 that were supposed to be plug n play but the plug doesnt fit so now i have to cut and splice the wires.

the problem is 1 the wires are to short nd 2 i dont kno wut is + or - on the new signals its white and yellow. the old there was 3 wires green alone then green and orange together.

how would i go about doing this?????

I was thinking leaving the stock plug plugged in and just splicing it with th new ones.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 05 f4i flush mount question

Do believe the green is the ground. Sounds as tho you flushies are just turn signals only ie. just 2 wires. There is a mod were you can use a resistor and make them into running lights too.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:42 PM

ya im not worried about th running light because with the flush mounts your not gonna see much anyways. but do you think splicing it will work or will it ruin it?

Old 03-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rd05f4

ya im not worried about th running light because with the flush mounts your not gonna see much anyways. but do you think splicing it will work or will it ruin it?
Just use two. Think (on my F4) orange for one side n blue for the other and green is the ground. You can splice into whats there, that should work fine. Just make sure to get it covered and seal as good as you can (tape or shrink wrap).

Old 03-09-2008, 01:49 PM

ya I have electrical tape and I think im going to OSH and getting 2 brass clamps to put the wires in and clamp shut then wrap with tape, similar to what you get with rear signals. thanks for the help.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:21 PM

This is what I did.I spliced after the oe connector so i could re use it.All you need to find out is the wire for the running lights and the wire that runs your turn signals. and is easy.Do you have a test light? If so just turn your ignition on and see which wire has power....that one is your running lamps though you won't needthat one.Then do the turn signal and find out which wires has power and flashes...and there you have it.Most after market flas mounted turn signal use a single fill bulb for turn signals only so will have to eliminate your running lamps.But you will be fine .Good luck.I hope it helps.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM

I did it the green wasnt a ground it was the actual blinker wire the orange wires on the left side wer posi and negative so i spliced the green blinker light with the posi wire and it works perfect. did teh same on the other side and they work good

new problem tho. My battery died and i jumped it and now my console doesnt work ie tach speedo temp fuel all that the signs on the top work like left right N FI and brights and the clock anyone kno why that happend and how to fix it

Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM

hope its a fuse...if not that may be expensive...

why did you have to jump it...were you having battery problems or did something run it down?

did you tape back the constant on(running light) wire?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:49 PM

i left the power on so it just ran it down im hoping its the fuse doesnt it sound like it those few things are the only things not working? its just tach speedo mileage temp so im thinking fuse the signals and head lights and brights work ,

and there wasnt a constant my wiring was weird like playful god sed it was blue one side orange on the other then a gren i tried to hook it up with no green and it was running light no blinker then i spliced the green to the positive both sides and i got blinkers now

now its just that one problem and its making me angry hondas suppose to be the most efficient car/bike/atv/generator out there and its frustratin me haha

Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 PM

do you know where your fuses are? check them...if not they are under the seat...actually miss the accessability of the banana seat...you can get to lots that you cant get to with the split seat without un bolting the seat...but its the price to pay to have the split seat

Quick Reply: 05 f4i flush mount question