600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

'04 F4i, which mirrors and windscreen should I get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 F4i, which mirrors and windscreen should I get???

So I'm looking for mirrors and a windscreen for my 04 F4i, and I'd like some suggestions on which ones to get.

I want a windscreen that is really dark black, and doesn't extend above the top of the plastic of the bike (maybe just a tiny bit). I've looked at the double bubble, anyone have experience with really nice looking and durable ones?

Also, I want to buy new mirrors. Again, I'd like these to be black... not too big and not too small. No pig spotters and no OEM. Is there a mid-sized mirror that's actually functional that also looks really good???

Thanks for any help!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Can't help with the mirrors but with windscreens, Zero Gravity and Puig are two of the most popular ones and as far as I know they all extend past the plastic a few inches. Popular mod is to shave them. If you check out my albums the RR is shaved with plastic tubing like door molding over edge, Not sure what kind it is. The wife's F4i has a ZG DB dark smoke and I got it from ZGOutlet.com it's a factory seconds and overstock closeout for Zero Gravity. It was mint and alot cheaper..
Another option.... shave yours down and spray the inside Black...

Old 05-08-2011, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the advice. I've actually got an aftermarket tinted Zero Gravity right now that I've had for years but its way too high above the fairing. I guess I could shave it, but I don't want the shaved part to be jagged or look like ****.

When I look up aftermarket windscreens for my bike, these websites all show different bikes with the windscreen on it, which doesn't help me at all in finding out what it will look like on my bike.