1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Shogun Fairing Crash Guard

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogun Fairing Crash Guard

I purchased a set of Shogun Fairing Crash Guards for my 2004 1000RR based on something I read in this forum about no cutting required. The advertisement on the parts website also read "no cut". However, upon receiving the guards in the mail, they are basically cylinders with just long bolts. I cannot see how they can fit without drilling or cutting of the fairing. They came with no instructions, just an information piece which stated that no fairing mod is required. I happened to be at a track day with a Honda technician present and after examining the pieces he also agreed that fairing cutting was required. Another guy at the track with a 2004 1000 had Lockhart-Philips crash guards, but his had an adapter piece which allowed the guards to be placed to the back of the fairing with no cutting or drilling. Any suggestions, anyone, or should I just return these and get the Lockhart pieces? Thanks.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shogun Fairing Crash Guard

Your better off with the cut style slider than the no-cut type , I've run both in the past and run the cut style now.
Here is a link with some info on both http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...amesliders.htm