1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Repsol Decal Removal - Genious or insanity...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repsol Decal Removal - Genious or insanity...

Evening ladies and gents, is my first post on this site but is sure to be one of many more since i've caught the modding bug like the rest of you so be gentle with me! Ive just got myself an 07 1k Repsol and already have some of the basics like Oggy *****, full Yoshi carbon RS-5 exhaust on order which will be followed closely by a PCIIIUSB and LCD display. Its a start I guess and if I could remove a kidney and half my liver to fund more I would but I guess you gotta start somewhere! :P Essentually Im after your opinions on defacing the Repsol decals so to speak.......blasfimage you say....what next.....urinating on the holy bible? (appologies to all the religious foke) It sounds worse than what it is......essentually Im looking at removal of the decals around the nose of the bike so your left with just the dark Blue around the lights and windsreen frame area. This is due to the fact Im getting a dark tinted double bubble windscreen and either have 2 choices.

1) leave the decals and source a replacement windscreen repsol sticker so it fits in with the decals but may clash with the orangeor...
2) remove those decals and then the tinted windscreen will work well with the dark blue body paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5bQiS3iQcY
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ab...1000/479926802

something similar to these...btw thesong was pretty funky in the second one!!

After all the difference between a Repsol and stock CBR are the decals and thats about it....would i be removing my bikes identity or am i just being to sensitive?

Opinions on this would be appriciated....

Good or bad idea?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Default RE: Repsol Decal Removal - Genious or insanity...

Good idea [&:], by the way , it's your bike , do what you like

Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

Good idea [&:], by the way , it's your bike , do what you like
+1^
I do like the idea of finding a decal for the aftermarket windscreen

Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM

[:@] Resisting, the urge is too strong............ Did you pay for a Repsol?? Do what you want, it's your bike and your funds.[]

Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 AM

check Trueblue752 (gg's) bike out, its F'in hot.

Name:  asppg_Fs538923442.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  60.7 KB

Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 AM

Well, so far guys, thats kindda sitting on the fence as I obviously will end up doing what I want but its all about the street cred as far as im conserned. I mean modding a bike....in my opinion you dont just do it for yourself.....you do it so all the other riders and anyone with a microscopic ounce of taste will be drouling over the bike....am i right or am i right? Obviously in the search for a few extra horses wont benifit anyone other than the rider themselves but visually......you cant see much of your bike when your riding around and if you can......eyes on the road sonny. Like i said...street cred....so i was wondering if decal removal on a repsol was like some cardinal sin.....maybe its like the 11th commandment.....thou shall not remove the repsol decals...... Never know!! Might just source that windscreen sticker and see how it looks I guess beforeI do anything too drastic......

BTW....yes its my repsol and blizzneck.....thats one sweet repsol....side pic would be nice!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 AM

well that being the case if you want repect rip 'em all off, be a tru balla' pay the extra money to have a repsol and then deface it...

...kinda' like Puff daddy did in his video when he spits out the Crystal champange(sp).
...Then stand back to admire your work and smoke a CUBAN you just lit using a $100 bill.
... Then "Make it rain atda' club"...(what ever that means, haha lol)

it's all the same.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy in that last vid was an UBER squid!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 AM

Interesting point you have there Sweetdeal but Id need ***** the size of basketballs to be game enough to strip the lot!! BTW....they arent that big....just incase your wondering!! lol As far as getting respect and abmiration from the other riders...not sure about that one.....first thing that comes to mind is typical "cafe rider".....guys with seriously more dollars than cents! Hmmm...maybe i could be one of them...maybe.....I'll let you know when i start to wipe my *** with a $100 note!! :P

Old 03-05-2008, 06:17 AM

Not a totally serious idea but...

you could always buya repsol and totally change the color patterns lol,

go to a blue, green,and white and have custom decals made to match the color scheme.similar to when some nascar cars change their colors for special occasional. everything is still there, just not original colors.

Quick Reply: Repsol Decal Removal - Genious or insanity...