1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

rear seat bag?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear seat bag?

anyone have any luck with a nice "luggage" bag that goes on the rear seat. Looking for something that doesn't scratch the paint! i bought one and the straps chipped my paint because of how they tie on.. also where did you get it?

Old 03-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: rear seat bag?

Looking for one myself, thinking about a cortech. Be nice to know what kind you bought that scratched your bike. At least I will know what not to get.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 PM

I bit the bullet and went with a ventura system.. I'll have to take it out and get you some pictures... It's hefty, but it's more than a bag... comes with L brackets that mount to the frame... http://www.cycleventure.com/products...stem/index.htm
take a look, tell me what you think... I like them, and it's functional as hell for me... I bought the whole thing cuz I couldn't find what I liked...

Then I read a thread about putting some steel strips under the tank and using my magnetic tank bag... just a thought..

Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM

yah i'm looking for something a bit smaller that the ventura system. And i don't remember what kind i had that scratched my bike,, i threw it away.. it was a tank bag/rear rear seat bag combo. what it was was a magnetic tank bag"which obviously doesn't work on my bike" and the top half of it unzipped and detatched and that strapped around the rear seat. the zipper and straps on it chaffed against my rear cowl..

Old 03-11-2007, 07:13 PM

I kinda had the same thing... I had wrapped straps around the rr seat mount so that I could use the clips to hold the bag on... got tired of the scratches, so I looked for more of a permanent solution... It's everything they say it is, and no, I don't work with or for them.. heh

I use the handle when I'm not using the bags... it's actually functional... Hope things work out for you!!

Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 PM

dont know if this helps but check it out

http://www.corbin.com/honda/h10rrf.shtml

Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using the JR Velocity Tail Bag for over 3 years and the straps haven't caused the slightest scratch to my paint (the straps have a little foam around'em) ... got it from motorcycle-superstore.com but that won't help you cause they stopped selling them .. I think JR sells a different model now, but whichever model you get, I think if you just buy one of those cheap wraparound foam thingymajiggies to go around the straps, that would solve your problem.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 PM

If you take the cover of you tank and velcro a small magnet on th inside you can use a tank bag. I did it for a while till i bought my smuggler bag.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 PM

Checkthe Cortechout. Posted on the 1000RR forum and received a few replies. It is a good size and comes with Bungees that allow you to criss cross under the rear seat without scratching. I ordered it and like it.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...amp;Division=6

Old 03-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Nelson Riggs has alot of really nice stuff for the sportbikes. Check them out.