1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

power commander

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander

If you are looking for one. & don't have a clue about mapping them like me. These guysare selling them for $259.00 at your door. You tell them your mods & theymap it for you. I've read in hear custom mapping on a dyno is the best way to go. But this is the way I'm going for now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190173072233

Old 11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: power commander

SomeHonda dealerships like North Valley Honda in Cave Creek AZ will sell the commander for a little more, charge you for install and do a custom map for free. I feel it's worth it and better to have your bike custom mapped by a professional. Wait till you have a few things that need to be done to your bike, like an oil/filter change, tire, brakes, or whatever and then the Honda dealer will usually give you a huge discount.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM

yeah there is no way a dyno operator can create a map for your bike unless it is on the dyno in front of them. two identical bikes with identical mods will repsond differently to the same map due to tolerance differences in engine and tranny parts.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM

UntilI'm sure I am going to stay with the pipe I have. I'm keeping the dyno money in the pocket. If I loose the off throttle funk & the soot in the pipe. I'm good.

When I was looking at Suzuki's I met a X racer/ownerwho knew a lot& wasbosting about his $60,000.00 dyno.
What is a fair price for dyno mapping considering I didn't buy there? And how many hp's + or - am I looking at?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:59 PM

No way a custom map without abike.
I just ordered my PC3from Parts411 and they load the map for the Jardine slipon and BMC race filter. Makes it easier since I don't have a laptop and it's free!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

yeah there is no way a dyno operator can create a map for your bike unless it is on the dyno in front of them. two identical bikes with identical mods will repsond differently to the same map due to tolerance differences in engine and tranny parts.
x2-
roughly $250-$300 for a quality job mapping it- meaning letting it coold down before adjustments to the map- mine was in for 6 hrs and was worth every penny-phil

Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Seems fair considering what the dyno machine costs.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:49 PM

its not about hp
some custom maps will not increase overall hp at all

when i had my 600RR mapped the air fuel and torque curve was horrible. it would bounce up and down from rich to lean and in one instance an 8 ft/lbs of torque spike. the custom map took 2 days and 275 bucks but now the torque curve is flat and linear with no spikes or dips. this translates into a smoother bike with better more predictable throttle control. the last thing you want is to be coming out of a corner and hammer it expecting smooth and get a torque spike.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM

If you just want sound get a race baffle A&R race baffle sounds great. Like the other guy said it's not all about HP, it's about smoother engine, throttle response and yes you do get some HP, basically your bike runs way better!

I bought an Akropovic slip on, power commander, oil and filter change,changed all fluids,bike inspection (adjusted brakes)and custom map for just under $1000.00.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:54 PM

It should be herein a few days& on by the weekend.I already have enough bike. But it looks like I'll be getting it dynoednow reguardless.Thanks guys. I'm bumbed that I can't side step the price of the dynoing. But after the money spent to get to here I'd be a fool to stop short to save $300.00.
The bike doeshavesome noticible engine vibration around 5k.Not bad, butIt's smack in the middle of the band if your trying to keep it civil. Any chancedynoing it will settle that down some?

Quick Reply: power commander