1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

New Plastics

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Plastics

I decided that after 26,000 miles it was time freshen up the looks of my 06 Fireblade. I looked around at all the fairings available from all of the stores and sites. I decided to go with a different vendor than the board sponsor. I was able to talk to someone on the phone and got honest straight forward information. There are some people claiming that they do not have fairings from China that theirs come from Japan. That is not true even the bike manufacturers get their fairings from China. So I realized that no matter what my fairings would be coming form China, maybe I would get lucky and find a place that gets them from a good factory. I was able to find a place that gets their fairings from the same place as the OEM fairings. There are a few of them out there that do this, but the one cool acception is that I could get my fairings painted in any color or scheme that I chose including a custom scheme. The total including shipping was $675. So far communication has been amazing with them contacting me at each stage in the process to inform me and ask me questions as to see if I am sattisfied. They will do any color any design on any bike. Check out motorcyclefairingsource and see what you think. Below is a link to my fairing set.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...X-ze4&sadssc=1

Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope they work out, No offense but I will guarentee they will be the same quality a 95% of the other chinese fairings and will not be OEM quality.
also 99% of aftermarket fairings will do custom paint as well.
All in all, don't expect much better quality then any other reputable aftermarket fairing company.

They say that they can't match OEM colours because the paint codes are a secret but also they say they manufacture OEM fairings in the same machines?

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso
I decided that after 26,000 miles it was time freshen up the looks of my 06 Fireblade. I looked around at all the fairings available from all of the stores and sites. I decided to go with a different vendor than the board sponsor. I was able to talk to someone on the phone and got honest straight forward information. There are some people claiming that they do not have fairings from China that theirs come from Japan. That is not true even the bike manufacturers get their fairings from China. So I realized that no matter what my fairings would be coming form China, maybe I would get lucky and find a place that gets them from a good factory. I was able to find a place that gets their fairings from the same place as the OEM fairings. There are a few of them out there that do this, but the one cool acception is that I could get my fairings painted in any color or scheme that I chose including a custom scheme. The total including shipping was $675. So far communication has been amazing with them contacting me at each stage in the process to inform me and ask me questions as to see if I am sattisfied. They will do any color any design on any bike. Check out motorcyclefairingsource and see what you think. Below is a link to my fairing set.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...X-ze4&sadssc=1
They're prices are about $200 more expensive then the rest of the market, just saying...We can do the same, coming from a similar factory in China for $490.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 AM

I got them in today, and I must say I am quite impressed. A few small imperfections in the paint, but nothing that you do not typically find on aftermarket fairing kits. I have actually installed a few. I have not had to drill out any bolt holes so far and the quality of the plastic is the same as my OEM fairings. Nothing feels flimsy or seems like it will get weak. I am very satisfied with this kit. Everything is lining up nicely I will take some pictures when I am finished. Yes I will order from here again.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:13 PM

Can't wait to see... I'm staying tuned

Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 PM

Whatever happened to the updates?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM

we the people would love a before and after!!??

Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much would you be willing to sell your original front fairing for?( the nose fairing-without the screen).