1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

need an advise on RS-5 slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need an advise on RS-5 slip-on

Hi. I got 06cbr1k with 150mi on it and I want to change stock can for Ti Yoshi rs-5 . Can I do it now or it's better to wait untill the break-in ends at 1000mi or so? Also does anyone know a link to a dyno chart with comparison between stock vs rs5 without power commander? I would get the power commander too, just not yet. Where is the best place to buy? Thanks.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Default RE: need an advise on RS-5 slip-on

i am going to direct you to 1000rr.net's exhaust section
there is a multi page thread about how much the yosh sucks for the 1000RR.
limit with a slip on yosh, custom map and pc3 is 5-6 hp

as far as a break in cycle
where did you find a break in mileage limit?

its all bunk of course, do whatever mods you want as soon as you get the bike home
there really isnt a mileage limit on these
read your manual
on page 212 of the 06 manual it says to avoid full throttle starts and rapid acceleration for the first 300 miles

thats it

Old 10-15-2006, 01:43 AM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

as far as a break in cycle
where did you find a break in mileage limit?

its all bunk of course, do whatever mods you want as soon as you get the bike home
there really isnt a mileage limit on these
read your manual
on page 212 of the 06 manual it says to avoid full throttle starts and rapid acceleration for the first 300 miles

thats it

Thanks I checked that out and you are 100% right. Here comes mods. I have 350 miles and will check out new exhaust too.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:51 AM

No worries about doing it right away - actually more flow, less restriction is better for engines anyway. I had mine installed at the dealer before I picked it up.

I have the Yosh carbon fiber can with ss headers - yes, you will hear that there are some other cannisters that provide more hp, but as a side benefit, I saved about 10 lbs (that's significant) by swapping the headers for the price of what the other guys charge just for the muffler. The end result is a more nimble, better handling bike. I ride mostly technical twisties and rarely get an opportunity to use all the hp this bike has- I don't get over 100 mph most of the time, so for me, it's simply better to concentrate on weight savings and suspension.

I've seen the dyno chart for the slip-on yosh, but there was no custom map and it was the baffled version they sell in Austrailia, NOT the one we get in the U.S. and the guy that posted it hates Yoshimura, so don't believe everything you see on the net! Another guy from New Zealand has an 05 and is getting 174 hp with a yosh, pc III and some internal mods. and he loves his.

With a custom map(which I'll get in the spring) and some BMC filters, I anticipate I'll get
(realistically) at least a 10% bump over stock, which should yield about 165 at the rear wheel - more than enough for a mere mortal.

It's NOT all about horsepower guys - most(95%)of us will never be able to use all of it - there's more to this bike than simply twisting the throttle.

And besides...it just looks DAMM GOOD!

Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 PM

thats funny
if its not about HP then there is no use for ever putting a pipe on in the first place

and if any one ever gets 160+hp from a yosh slip on with no internal mods i will personally kiss his *** and call him god

it doesnt matter wether or not the guy in the article hates yosh or not
the number dont lie
if both an unmapped yosh and an unmapped arata are put together such as in the article and the arata is already on top then what makes you think that a mapped yosh and mapped arata will be any different

there are very few people getting +160 with basic bolt ons like arata or sato. filters and mapping and those are the high end pipes

you already have a yosh

lets see your dyno chart with a custom map

i guarantee you didnt gain 14 hp over stock like this guy did with his arata

http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...frameindex.htm

Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM

Dude, he said its not ALL about hp !! A lot of guys know enough about this bike to know we arn't really pushing it anyway, and if we were.... someone would be sponsering us !! If it ALL about hp like your sayin, why are you on a honda ?? There are plenty of other bikes that have more ponies ?? As i think back to all your posts about the arata, on this board alone, i would have to think that you started poopin snickers after you installed it, cuz i have never heard ANYONE more fired up about a can !! WE KNOW YOU LIKE YOUR ARATA, but there are poeple that use, and like other brands !! [sm=itsok.gif]

Old 10-18-2006, 08:47 PM

i just dont like seeing people spend money on something they may not like

i have also pushed sato just as hard

one time against the advice of everyone on the car board i was on i bought a cheaper limited slip differential instead of the 1K dollar better one

and ended up having to buy the more expensive one anyway.

bottom line

buy the best the first time and you will never be disappointed

there is a reason why you see so many used yosh pipe on ebay
just right now
searching 1000RR RS5 and 1000RR arata
it was 10:1

I am doing nothing more than trying to give people advice based on the countless hours of research i have done as well as personal experience.

like everyone says this bike has enough hp stock for almost everyone so why not wait until you can afford the best mods

and yes there are other bike out there with more hp
but throw in handling, stability, and reliability combined with the fact that a good pipe will give you just as much as the others and you have a perfect bike
but hey its not my money buy crap get crap

i just find it interesting that the only people that defend yosh are those that already have one

Old 10-19-2006, 01:04 AM

Hi guys, thank you for sharing your opinions. I was thinking about RS-5 because of the following reasons. It's inexpensive, I like it's style(I don't find the look of a round single hole as appealing as Yoshi's rounded square), quality made from what I heard, good and not too loud sound. The only thing I'm sceptical about is that it sticks out a little far past the tail. As you said the power of the bike is more than enough for me, I am not really looking into gaining more hp, however I would not want to lose anything in performance and realibility either. Does any one know/have a good slip on that does not have a single round hole outlet?

Old 10-19-2006, 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Sparkie

Does any one know/have a good slip on that does not have a single round hole outlet?
feast your eyes @ http://www.1000rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=11211

Old 10-19-2006, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

i just dont like seeing people spend money on something they may not like

i have also pushed sato just as hard

one time against the advice of everyone on the car board i was on i bought a cheaper limited slip differential instead of the 1K dollar better one

and ended up having to buy the more expensive one anyway.

bottom line

buy the best the first time and you will never be disappointed

there is a reason why you see so many used yosh pipe on ebay
just right now
searching 1000RR RS5 and 1000RR arata
it was 10:1

I am doing nothing more than trying to give people advice based on the countless hours of research i have done as well as personal experience.

like everyone says this bike has enough hp stock for almost everyone so why not wait until you can afford the best mods

and yes there are other bike out there with more hp
but throw in handling, stability, and reliability combined with the fact that a good pipe will give you just as much as the others and you have a perfect bike
but hey its not my money buy crap get crap

i just find it interesting that the only people that defend yosh are those that already have one

Your doing quite a bit more than offering advise from your "extensive research" !! Your calling the product out as crap !! No it doesn't give the hp #'s of some other pipes, it doesn't cost as much either. Its about 1/3 the price for 1/3 the hp gain. There isn't any need for me or anyone else to defend yosh... it is what it is. A lower cost alternative for peeps who want a lil style, a lil more noise, and a nice looking way to customise their bike w/out spending 7 bills to do it. I see all sorts of bikes on this board w/a yosh on em...... guess all those people were too stupid to know what you know !? Poor bastards !! Its my understanding that hp is running around $100 per hp gained for most a/market mods. I paid 240 for my ss yosh w/around a 5 hp gain. Sounds like money well spent to me !! There is a big diff between giving advise and being on a rant against a peticular product. Not sure why you've got such a hair up your but about yosh, and i'm not trying to change your mind, but the new peeps asking questions deserve to know that there are other considerations than hp when shopping for a can.

Quick Reply: need an advise on RS-5 slip-on