1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

"KIT" Third Eye

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "KIT" Third Eye

I was flipping through some threads the other day and saw a 1k with a LED "KIT" light were third eye light is. It looked light they removed to bulb and installed a strip of LED's that went back and forth like the kit car. I've been trying to locate this post again but can't seem to find it. Any chance anyone has seen this post or knows of this mod? I'd like to see how it was done.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Default RE: "KIT" Third Eye

I feel you, the tird eye looks bad with the off set color. i am just looking to get all 3 light colors to match. Any idea on that?

Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM

there is a DIY knight rider mod (its KITT Knight Industries Two Thousand btw) on 600rr.net

god i am getting old

Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: dawued

I feel you, the tird eye looks bad with the off set color. i am just looking to get all 3 light colors to match. Any idea on that?
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...+running+light

Old 09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Ty

dawued, if you put a blue bulb in from autozone it looks much better.The bulb is blue but the light isnot really blue, but more of the bluish-white color and almost matches most headlight bulbs.

Brendan, there is a way to do that on the cheap. I'm not familiar with the write-up at 600rr.net, but car alarm manufacturers make small KITT style LED assemblies that can be used as theft deterents instead of the standard flashing LED. They cost next to nothing and come in nice plastic casing because they are meant to be mounted on a dash or the back of a mirror facing out. Just dremel it down to the shape that you need to fit in the light housing, plug in the two wires (it DOES matter which way they go, so if it doesn't light up, switch them), and use some 60 second epoxy to glue it in there. You can cut them any way you need as long as you don't break the circuit board. If needs be you may have to dremel out a small piece of the inside of the light housing on each side to fit the KITT light in, but that would be unnoticable if you switch it back to stock so I wouldn't worry about it.

It's been a while since I did anything using KITT lights, so you'll have to look around on the websites for a unit that is roughly the size that you need. I can't remember where we used to get them from. Some are shaped like little batman symbols and work pretty good though from what I can remember off the top of my head. I would imagine that any of them would work. Hope that helps a little.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered Users

Guys, thanks forall of your help. I contacted www.tripageled.com and this was there reply. In case anyone else is interested.

Here is the info on the knight rider. We also have a new knight rider/ third eye $100 which does both the knight rider and a solid third eye. Here is a video of this and some others that we have done. Let me know when you are ready. Thanks. T

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=knight+rider+tripage&sear ch=Search

> $70 includes shipping anywhere in the U.S. Shipping outside the U.S.
> please email us for a total price.
> Available colors: Red, White, Blue, Amber, Green, UV and Pink.
> 12 led's are installed in the Third eye, you will remove your stock
> third eye bulb, 1/4 turn the grey connection and push it out the back
> then replace reinstall with this. These come ready to be wired in as
> 12 volt constant with a switch so they can be turned on and off with a
> switch, anytime. The board will mount on your left ram air tube under
> the plastic with the supplied velcro.
>
>http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j7...nightrider.flv

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...t=100_0401.flv

>
>
> We can send you a bill for this application. Paypal and credit card
> accepted. Thanks. T

Old 09-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or if you just dont want your third eye bulb to be way off, go to kragen and ask for mood lights. but imma check out the KITT conversion.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 PM

If you run a red colored bulb it would look like a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica.