1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Just bought my first mod for MY 06 CBR 1000RR A Jardine Slip on

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first mod for MY 06 CBR 1000RR A Jardine Slip on

It was a tuff choice but decided to go with a Jardine dual exit in carbon fiber. The titanium was nice too but thought the carbon looked pretty sweet. I hope it sounds good and does anyone know if I have to remove the heat shieldthats under the stock exhaust, I hope not because it does a pretty good job. Also do I need to get a rearfender eliminater kit or is it made to work with the stock setup? Well im pretty excited and cant wait to put it on. Is the install pretty straight forward ? I've done many slip ons but old school you know on the side very basic. Sorry about all the questions and I imagine I probably should of asked them before I bought it lol. But it looks sweet and I wanted something a little louder so Traffic can hear me coming but unforuntaley I know it attracts some unwanted attention to lol .

Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Default RE: Just bought my first mod for MY 06 CBR 1000RR A Jardine Slip on

Should I pick up some del-cool tape, its rated up to 1500 degrees or is there better stough out there, also should I go with aJardine rear fender eliminator and is it needed ? Thanks guys im trying to figure out what I need so I can install it next week when it comes in .

Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Anyone out there lol...

Old 07-06-2008, 02:24 PM

Ok if you must take a # and i'll get back to you as soon as I can to allow for heaver traffic flow in responce to helping me out : )

Old 07-06-2008, 02:56 PM

Hmm, not sure why you haven't had a response yet. I don't have the Jardine, but I know a lot of people on the forum has them and likes them. the install shouldn't be a problem, but I don't have a Jardine, so I can't be certain.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

Hmm, not sure why you haven't had a response yet. I don't have the Jardine, but I know a lot of people on the forum has them and likes them. the install shouldn't be a problem, but I don't have a Jardine, so I can't be certain.

Thanks for thought, I imagine the install is pretty similiar to other pipes........ Come on Jardine bro's hook me up with some tips

Old 07-06-2008, 11:27 PM

Well my exhaust is on its way, just got my tracking #. Thanks for everyones help, i'll get back to you once your #'s called lol

Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 PM

Stay tuned for a how to thread once I do the install since no one here appears to know anything about slip ons : ) Since I didnt know if I needed it or not I figured it would be better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it soI picked up some Delcooltape, Dei Exhaust wrap, Hose clamps for the exhaust wrapand a Jardine rear fender eliminator kit .

Old 07-07-2008, 12:35 AM

I was looking into it as well. My 05 is stock exhaust still. let me know what you think

Old 07-07-2008, 01:30 AM

ORIGINAL: BigCountryBllr

I was looking into it as well. My 05 is stock exhaust still. let me know what you think
I'll throw some pics up when its installed hopefully by next weekend depending on when everything arrives And let you know how fittment and the sound is to . I've read a lot of good things and heard a video of it and it sounds pretty good. After I get it installed and ifyou end up getting one i'll help you out with any tips on the install because I'll be kind of winging it and learning as I go So that way you wont have to.

Quick Reply: Just bought my first mod for MY 06 CBR 1000RR A Jardine Slip on