1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

juice box pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default juice box pro?

who's running one, im stuck between it and a power commander. 06 1krr, two bro slip on. thats about it for now, except some pretty things....

Old 06-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd suggest the PC over the Juice Box. I've heard many great things about it, not so much about the other. And instead of the PC take a look at the Bazzaz Z-Fi. The wire harness for it plugs into all 8 injectors, unlike the PC. That's what I have on my 08.

As far as the 2Bros exhaust, waaaay too many people say about all it is good for is a LOUD noise.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 AM

sweet, no way in hell im dropping 900 on it. Too many projects now. This is the last of it, may do rear sets, but i doubt it.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by shawnhancel
sweet, no way in hell im dropping 900 on it.
$900 for what??? A PC or Bazzaz plus a decent slip-on doesn't cost that much.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 AM

i thought a 2 bros, was a good slip on. And the web site for Bazzaz says the chip Z-fi, its 900 bucks. Or maybe I was looking at the wrong thing. I'm a jeep guy, still learning bikes...

Old 06-18-2011, 02:33 PM

A new Bazzaz Z-Fi can be found for under $300 if you just want the basic unit without the quick shift, autotune or traction control. A decent slip-on exhaust such as a LeoVince is available for less than $400 at some places.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 AM

I do not need traction control, i have throttle control. Quick shift is cool, could be interested. If I do not like the 2 bros I will look into the LeoVance. I like the Z-Fi, does it come with tuning software or is just a downloadable program? Is the base model the 379 dollar one on the website. Again im not worried about reverse shifting right now, and prob wont care about TC at any time. I just may get one. I am going to look around here for more reviews, seems widely accepted as the best. any links helping me learn more about it would be appreciated.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 AM

ok, so I read more about them on their site. If I got this right, I buy the Z-Fi, then I buy the Z-AFM. Can I run either one of them with out the other. I would run the Fi first then AFM, more fuel first right? I think Ill steer clear of the juice box but I may run a PC for ease of use. I am not savy with tuning, and I use a Mac book, I do have a old PC, just need to find it... Ill upgrade as necessary. Should I be worried about back pressure, maybe have the valves adjusted so compensate for the loss of back pressure.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by shawnhancel
I like the Z-Fi, does it come with tuning software or is just a downloadable program? Is the base model the 379 dollar one on the website.
The $379 is probably the suggested retail price. I know of at least one online retailer that is selling them for $270. The Z-Fi includes the software to communicate with it, load maps, tweak things, etc.

You pretty much need a dyno to tune it through the software or you'll just be guessing at what you're doing. The Z-AFM creates a map as you ride although you'll need an O2 sensor bung on your exhaust for it to work. I have a Z-Fi and the Z-AFM but I still had it dyno tuned to get things close to what I have on my bike. I'm happy with the dyno custom map for now. I'll play with the Z-AFM later this summer.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:00 AM

Ok the Z-Fi is a stand alone air fuel medium? Doesn't state that on their site, just says fuel, with preset maps, and tweaking. I see how the AFM needs the plug, I would be OK with drilling and tapping for this reason, in he future, if the Z-Fi can control air and fuel i am sold, send me that link via PM (lets not upset the moderators) and Ill order one this week. Thanks for the help, this forum is promising.

Quick Reply: juice box pro?