1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP!!!

Dropped bike, kinda over it just need to fix it now. Cant find my camera so no pics at the moment. Currentlymoving so its somewhere. Will post pics soon.

Someone attempted to move my bike and dropped it. Fell on left side. have kr tuned no cut frame sliders. sliders suck. well from dropping it it moved and twisted and ruptured a piped that connects coolant right above the big circle thing that says honda which i think is the stator cover. Sorry guys not to good with motorcycle parts. its seems to have 2 bolts. 1 is visible and easy to get to but the other is way up so it seems like i have to drop the engine. tell me i'm wrong about that please.That pipe burst. I've been told that it is the water pump cover/connector. My questions are 1. is it worth it to fix or take to shop? 2. How would I attempt to fix? Thanx guys.

pics coming soon (hopefully)

Old 11-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!!

You're screwed on this one. To replace that elbow pipe, you'll have to pull the motor from what I've heard, mainly from that second bolt and also not having any room because of the frame to pull the old one out and slip in the new one. Also heard there was this problem with the no cut sliders, such as shoguns etc. Sliders are just to help with high/low speed lowsides and nothing else.
It's not an easy task to drop the motor...not a huge deal, but just a royal pain because of all the crap that has to come off. If you're not up to it, talk to the dealer and see what they would charge.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:45 PM

Oh, and if you knowwho dropped your bike, I'd go after them to pay for it.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:05 PM

arggghhh.. thanx dwhite. its my buddy but like i said i am moving to a new house and i needed him to get something and the bike was in the way. cant charge him plus i dont think he has a job. anyways yea i looked at it and it seems tight. i dunno we'll see. hopefully i wont have to do all that. yea and plus i already had the no cuts on for a while, didnt wanna really swap them out if they were not broken. still not broken but they broke something else so maybe i should have swapped them. oh well learning lesson i guess. thanx.

has anyone else had this problem with the no cuts? how did you replace the water pump cover if so?

Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 PM

it has been said time and time again to never put no cuts on the 1000rr
it bends the water elbow when it is dropped over

www.hooliganbiketech.net
look up the shogun no cut write up and see if that is the damaged part you were talking about
if so then you are looking at about a 1500 dollar bill because you have to drop the motor to replace this part

Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 PM

Thanks for posting this. I almost bought no cuts. Hopefully you or the shop won't have to drop theengine totally out.Maybe you can remove thetop mount bolts with the others looseor vise versa.At$80.00 an hour shop time. & noextreme technical crap involved.You may have to take it on. Find the frickin camera first & then your freind.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 PM

Damn bro sorry to hear Baxom's bad news. He posted while I was replying. There's got to be a reason for the $1500.00. Better get a quote or some good hands lined up. Thanks again. Your loss is my gain & probably others. I didn't know. I thought they were crap because they were prone to braking, not braking the bike.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:18 PM

F!F!F!yeah it is what is damaged. i know i have read about the no cuts but i had them on for a while when i read the article. well i guess winter is here for me.
[sm=headbang.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]F!F!F!

Thanx and Good night!!!!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:30 PM

1 more quetions guys... this is why i have full coverage insurance right???

PLEASE SAY YES.... ANYBODY???

Old 11-24-2007, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: NeverL8

1 more quetions guys... this is why i have full coverage insurance right???

PLEASE SAY YES.... ANYBODY???
As long as your friend won't pay and the deductible is not more than the repair or won't offset a repair by yourself or a 'friend', insurance is pretty good. If your deductible is high (like mine), you may just deal with character or fix yourself.