1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

I have installed PC3 2 days ago. Everything seemed to be fine untill today when I went for a ride. Aftyer a stop on a traffic light, I started to move in 1st gear and when rpms reached about 4000-5000, bike started to jerk like crazy and ignition died on me. I though first it migh be me or I am running out of gasoline(the light was on). I rode to a gas station. After that it seemed fine. In about 20 minutes of riding I was taking a U-turn and it happened agane. One time it happened when I was slowing down and pressed on clutch while downshifting. I almost fell from the bike because of it, plus looked like an idiot who can't lunch. Good thing it was happening in low rpms and not when 100+ in twisties, it would have been deadly mulfunction for sure. To me it seems like fuel supply gets cut for some reason.
Anybody experiences this problem? What's going on? I will connect my comp to PC3 tonight, see what kind of map I got . It was downloaded by dealer who I bought it from(on ebay). I requested everything stock with RS5 slip on, however on PC website I can only see one with the full system and not just a slip on(that makes me wonder what did I get). Any ideas? Thanks.