1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Headlights, anyway to have Both on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights, anyway to have Both on?

Ok, Is there anyway to have both lights on, useing low beam then hit high beam and have both light on high beam..(old school style) Ive seen crazy stuff on e-bay for like $280 for a hid kit but thats crazy..There has to be a way to have them both on together.It cant be that difficult...I just cant figure it out...

Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Default RE: Headlights, anyway to have Both on?

There are TONS of posts on this subject.. please use the search button

Old 05-17-2006, 02:06 AM

I did a search for cbr headlights, figured it would pull any and all headlight posats and none of them had info on doing it...if you can help me find one i would really appreciate it

Old 05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Old 05-17-2006, 12:59 PM

Hey MGA your like a mother to these boyz ya know ,, wiv all your useful tips!!!!

Bless ya!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 01:57 AM

Hey has anyone in the VA Beach area completed the Head Light Mod. Right now I just ride on High but would like to change that if possible. I'm like water when it comes to electricity..... we don't mix well.....

Old 07-02-2006, 05:23 PM

Surely you know by now , your bright lights and your dim lights are both single filliment bulbs. The answer is duel filliment bulbs , which have three leads on the bulb. The plug on your 1000rr only has two at least on my 06 rr they have two. We have to change wiring, bulbs,housing, and switch. I would love to here an alternate solution. The Doctor.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:51 AM

yo what up homes yeah most peeps are going with the easy way out and just lowering their bright light towards the ground that what i did its super easy and look way sweeter then just the one and u cant even really tell

Old 07-15-2006, 11:09 PM

ok, i tried to do this mod that was sent to me, i bought new 3 plug connectors for a dual fitment bulb, then took the low beam wire from the left light made a jumper to the third plug on the right light and took the high beam wire from the right light and jumped it the th 3rd plug on left light, everything worked fine but the issue was everything heated up a bit more, meaning the wires got hot... also, dual fitment bulbs are a different size so i had to actually cut down the metal ring around the bulb to get them to fit and make a mounting ring fow the retension wire to hold it in.. all and all it cost me $10 for the plugs, any hardware store, $18 for 2 i think they were h4 bulbs(dual fitment, 55w low and 60w high beam), i also spent $2.50 on wire jacks so i didnt have to cut my stock wires and just plugged into the exsisting clips, whish was a good idea since i had to pull it all off 3hrs later anyway...all and all, it didnt work out at all for me...and about 2hrs of my time, then i took it all back off...

Old 07-16-2006, 01:45 AM

what the heck you need both lights for anyway? cant ya see with 1?
i know why you guys hate people saying hey you have a light out

[sm=happybounce.gif]

i find 1 light plenty brite

Quick Reply: Headlights, anyway to have Both on?