1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Headlights

Old 02-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

I did a search and saw the headlight mod for a 600 is it going to be the same for the 1000? Is there any other mods that you can do to have both lights on low beam? The relflector is different is there a bulb that you can buy or is there some kind of mod that can be done to the reflector. Any ideas?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Default RE: Headlights

where did you read about the mod for the 1000 rr. i know alot of people want to know. pleassssssssse let me know

Old 02-22-2007, 03:27 AM

For a 600 not a 1000. I'm looking for any mod for the 1000. Search headlightsand there is a thread on a mod for a 600. Anyone know if there are any headlight covers like they have for cars? I've seen some covers available on european bikes but they cover the whole light and would be of racing use only. Having some headlight coverslike the ones they have for cars would be cool. Havesolid instead of tinted and have holes where ever you want for the light to come out.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Get ya two new H4 dual beam bulbs. May need some rewiring but not so sure on that. I'm getting a friend of mine to do it for me tomorrow so I will let you guys know the results and what all he did to make them work!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THERE IS NOT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIGH BEAM AND LOW BEAM EXCEPT FOR BEAM ADJUSTMENT!!!!!!!!!!

They are the EXACT same bulb (H7). They are both the SAME brightness. The only difference is the "low-beam" is aimed low and the "high-beam" is aimed higher. THAT'S IT! If you want them both on at the same time without blinding anyone, lower the beam on the high-beam.

DO NOT wire in resitors to adjust the power load of the bulb. (it'll eventually destroy your harness)
DO NOT change the bulb type (the headlights ARE NOT designed for anything other than H7 bulbs - different bulb types will also melt your harness).

The only thing you need to do is just find the adjustment screw (right above the headlight bulb) and turn it to adjust the heighth of the beam. I parked my bike in front of my garage, and lowered the high beam to the same level as the low beam. WORKS GREAT!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

THERE IS NOT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIGH BEAM AND LOW BEAM EXCEPT FOR BEAM ADJUSTMENT!!!!!!!!!!
FALSE !

The reflectors for each side are different , the low-beam cast a different pattern than the high-beam.

Other than that , all that you said was true.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

FALSE !

The reflectors for each side are different , the low-beam cast a different pattern than the high-beam.

Other than that , all that you said was true.
What I was getting at was the fact that the BULB is exactly the same (maybe I should have been more specific). Yes, the headlight reflectors do cast different patterns. The low beam casts more of a linear beam, the high beam scatters a bit more.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 PM

I did it to my last bike n it drove me nuts, causeI had no brights at night... Not worth it IMHO...

The comments were annoying too...
Peoplewho ride tell me, "hey ur brights r on"... that was almost as irritating as the peeps that dont ride, saying "hey one of ur light r out"... LOL!- people r stupid!!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: ChuxRR

I did it to my last bike n it drove me nuts, cause I had no brights at night... Not worth it IMHO...

The comments were annoying too...
People who ride tell me, "hey ur brights r on"... that was almost as irritating as the peeps that dont ride, saying "hey one of ur light r out"... LOL!- people r stupid!!
Yeah, not having a high beam sucks sometimes (reason why I keep a screwdriver in the tail for on-the-fly beam adjustment ).

....and just a suggestion......I would rethink your avatar on here.........just ask James. - (I'm joking of course).