1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Headlight Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Mod

^ Yup. Thats all I did as well. Adjusted my right side high beam light downward, so now both lights looks pretty much like low beams from the front. The right side just puts out more light slightly towards the road, rather than straight out towards vehicles.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by B|ack_Ange|
^ Yup. Thats all I did as well. Adjusted my right side high beam light downward, so now both lights looks pretty much like low beams from the front. The right side just puts out more light slightly towards the road, rather than straight out towards vehicles.
How do you adjust the lights? is it something i have to take apart or just screws in the front.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:04 PM

you adjust your headlights by turning the screws at the back of the headlights housing. Just look at the back of the headlight while sitting on your tank. You have 3 different screw for adjustment. the one you want is located at the top of the housing and is a philips head screw. I would suggest not doing this as you will not have a high beam headlight anymore. If you never ride at night or on deserted roads, you may be ok with it, but I would want a functional high beam.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM

I put HID's in my 06 1000RR. Both the low & High beam.
I did angle the High beam down a tad not to blind everyone.
Even with just the low beam, the HID's are enough light. But I run both during the day.
At night too at times.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 PM

i just joined this forum because i was looking for info on a diff headlight assembly, but i came across this. I come up with alot of mod ideas for other people. So if you want an easy fix to the " You know you have a headlight out???" you can drill a hole into the highbeam bay, and mount a single filiment parking light assembly and wire it into the headlight circuit. the light it provides will make it look like its lit. thus you will avoid the bumb questions....

Hope that helps or gives someone else an idea or two........

Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 AM

I just saw somewhere, I know, useless as I can't remember, that someone makes a control box that will basically run your highbeam at 50 percent or so. basically the same as you see cars with the highbeams acting as daytime running lights. What this does is while your low beams are on, your high beam bulb only gets about 50 percent power, since the lens is aimed higher, the light output to oncoming traffic looks very similar to the low beam side. Then, when you hit your high beam, that bulb gets full power and you still retain your highbeam.

I don't know how well it works or if the reduction output is dim enough at night so it doesnt blind oncoming traffic, but the idea is intriguing.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Old 07-09-2009, 12:59 PM
June 2009 ROTM

now if only i knew what klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere weergave meant that might be of use :P

Old 07-09-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnite
now if only i knew what klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere weergave meant that might be of use :P
maybe if you clicked on the word "international orders" on the left of the screen you could figure it out. Any info you need is in english. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:40 PM

thanks ninja greg.. thats exactly what I saw.

Quick Reply: Headlight Mod