1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

fender eliminator question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender eliminator question

Does anyone know of a fender eliminator that will retain the stock plastics and heat shields that surround the exhaust pipe/can, on the 06 1000rr. I'm looking at getting the clear alternatives intigrated tail light, but don't want to strip the fender completely bare and have the can sticking out . I was thinking of just making a bracket, but I don't want it to look cheap and home made. I'm not the best when it comes to making my own parts.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Default RE: fender eliminator question

I took the stock Fender and modified it. In TX we have State inspection, So I took one of the standard Lic. Plate Aluminum Brackets
and modified it to fit where the Lic. Plate Light was. I like you did not want to remove all the protective covering the exhaust. Just wanted to clean the tail up a bit. I will shoot a photo and post it later today. My mod cost about $4 and took just about an hour to do it. I was thinking integrated Tail light, but decided against it, in the daytime you cant see the signal very well, and reducing my brake light area was not an option, since so many people are getting hit from behind. I will be using the Short Stalk LED Turn Signals, in the Stock Holes.

Todd

Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM

Thanks for the reply, I went to Home Depot last night and bought 2 chain link fence clamps and made a brackety out of them. Looks pretty nice. Now all I have to do is make or buy a license plate light. I'm thinking of getting one of those license plate bolts that have an Led in it.

Also, that was a good point you made about the blinkers being intigratedinto the tail. I didn't even think about them reducing the brake light. I may just go w/ the small blinkers. Last time I tried to install them the bolt portion wasn't long enough to extend through the stock rubber mounts.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 PM

Well, I retained all the stock plastics on the rear and removed the mud flap. I took the old plate hanger from my gixxer, 90 bent the ends, then removed the mud flap and license plate light. I took the small metal bracket from inside the plate light and mated it with the old plate hanger. I bent the bracket to wear it would fit my license plate. I took all that and mounted it between the turn signals by sliding the mounting stud through the slots in the in old plate hanger. Yes, it sounds complicated but it really wasn't. It just took forever to do.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 PM

Well I tried to take pics, but they didn't come out so well. Bacicaly I went w/ the Shock LED turn signals, and made the fender eliminator out of 2 chain link fence clamps. After a a couple shots of black paint, you can't even tell it's nnot one of those $50+ brackets. Thanks for your input guys.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:35 AM

CW fender elim. STD i believe it was.

It keeps the plate at the rear. and uses the stock rear turn sigs and stock plate light in the middle of your turn signals (little lump between the turn sigs on the metal bracket)